none
Windows 8 Apps NOT Loading

Question

• Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 8 pro from Windows 7 two days ago. Initially all apps were working just fine. However, after I updated some application through the App Store, all of my apps stopped working. They would load, but then disappear. I even tried to refreshed my entire computer and it did not help. What should I do?

Thanks.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If so, you could perform system restore to go back a previous time point to get rid of it.

For this kind of issue, it mostly is related to the software conflicts, we can also reinstall apps to see how it works.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 05, 2012 4:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using Avast...try disabling it.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprogeneral/thread/4c47f11b-3190-4378-bafd-f4bd808ffbf9

Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:40 PM
  • No I am not using Avast.
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:13 PM
  • Same problem here.  I have my resolution was 1920x1080 (tried others with no luck).

Updated all graphics drivers, tried an external display, can't figured it out.

The apps bring up the splash screen and sit there with the little dots spinning in a circle.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:58 PM
  • Hi,

Please try testing in Clean Boot mode, due to this may be caused by software conflicts.

Alex Zhao

Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Hello,

I was having the same problem... it has to do with a particular update they rolled out.  I forget which one though, but it was roughly 170MB.  I was able to find the exact name of the update on a Windows 8 board, but I am having trouble locating it again... I have since turned off auto updates on my HP.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:07 AM
  • Hi,

If so, you could perform system restore to go back a previous time point to get rid of it.

For this kind of issue, it mostly is related to the software conflicts, we can also reinstall apps to see how it works.

Alex Zhao

Monday, November 05, 2012 4:26 AM