none
Very Urgent: Headphones Wont detect with Windows 7 Enterprise

Question

• Hello,

I have Windows 7 Enterprise in my Dell Optiplex 980 Desktop. My speaker volume is working fine but sometimes when i connect headsets to either front jack or back it wont detect. The sound still keeps coming from speaker evenif headsets is connected. Also under Sound menu in Control Panel Headphone is not listed just the Speakers are there. The reason i mentioned sometimes is it detected headphones few times before and nothing changed afterwarrds.

I tried to uninstall and re-install sound drivers and updated them. Also under RealTek Audio Manager both Front and Back panel jacks are shown as greyed out asif no headsets are connected. I clicked on Analog menu on top right and ticked "enabled auto popup dialog" off. I am not getting other option at all for "Disable Front jack" or something which i read on 1 thread.

I am am system admin of a small buisness company and as i am facing this issue few others also do and i want to solve it before everybody starts facing it. So please guys help me here..

Friday, May 13, 2011 7:30 AM

All replies

• Wow... its been 5 days since i created this post and 85 views so far but not a single answer? Please guys help me here. Its not like i have not been through any posts in this forums related to same issue like audio problem with Windows 7 or have i not tried any steps listed in each post. I have done it all but still cant get to the solution. Understand being IT admin of a company how much pressure it would be to resolve this issue, so please help me here.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:23 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding the issue, since you have upgrade the audio driver,  this is a common issue caused by RealTek Audio Manager setting. Please check the cable, and the headphone first.

If the issue, I recommend you may contact dell support to troubleshooting the problem:

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?~ck=pn&w=1

Notice: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thanks for understanding

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:28 AM
  • Well I just checked the Audio Driver version and checked it on RealTek website itself. There was an update available on Realtek website but everytime i was updating driver from Dell Service tage information itself which was older than the one available in Realtek website. So have updated drivers now manually and it seems to be working fine. I got the new Realtek Audio HD manager icon in my status tray along with Normal Windows Audio icon and it shows me Front Jack detected as i put in headsets and also shows disconnected for doing so as wel as for back panel also which was totally missing earlier.

So i am keeping this as testing for sometime to see if it randomly again stops detecting my Headsets or not but for not it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for all help.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:27 AM