none
FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS

Question

• Hi All, 

I have a VB6 application that I run on windows 7. Before doing that I registered the concerned VB6 runtime dlls. It worked finer until installing some windows 7 updates. My application can not upload some activex. I used PROCMON to identify what are these activex. I found that most of them have this result when my program tryes ti use them "FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS" !!!!

Can any one help me understand that?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 18, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

They are both memory protection options, you could refer to the following article to get more information:

Memory Protection  (Windows)

To get a deep analyzing, it would need application level troubleshooting, you could move to the VB forum for further help:

Visual Basic Category

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:56 AM

All replies

• Go download Visual Studio 2010 express edition a dn clean up your program so that it works with Windows 7 properly. The express edition is free.

My MVP is for the Windows Desktop Experience, i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT

Remote Assistance is available for a fee.

I am best with C++ and I am learning C# using Visual Studio 2010

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:22 AM
  • Thank you, but can you explain what is the relation between Visual studio and my problem ???? !!!!!!
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:32 AM
  • Yes I know !!!

but still not understand the solution you gave !!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

STATUS_FILE_LOCKED_WITH_ONLY_READERS indicates that the file was locked and all users of the file can only read.

And in fact, this is a successful code, because section data is prevented from changing while the lock is held.

Did you find any other suspicious information?

Regarding you issue, it is recommended to try system restore to get back to a good previous time point to check the result is.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:02 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for replying,

In fact I suspected that status because when I run my on program on Win XP I did not get these status in procmon.

Otherwise I have an other status "Name not found"

and for the status "STATUS_FILE_LOCKED_WITH_ONLY_READERS" for every dll I have these tows details 

* "SyncType : SyncTypeCreationSection, PageProtection : PAGE_EXECUTION"

* "SyncType : SyncTypeCreationSection, PageProtection : PAGE_READONLY"

Could you explain the difference between these tow details ? :(

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

They are both memory protection options, you could refer to the following article to get more information:

Memory Protection  (Windows)

To get a deep analyzing, it would need application level troubleshooting, you could move to the VB forum for further help:

Visual Basic Category

Alex Zhao

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:56 AM