none
No Accessories folder in Start

Question

• When I click on start there is no accessories folder.  I tried going to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Start Menu but there is no AppData file.  Could this mean I have a corrupt install?  I just got this SYX computer from Tiger Direct.  Should I put in the windows 7 disk that came with the PC and reinstall widows 7 thereby losing all the programs I have already installed.  Not a big problem but time consumming.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:53 AM

Answers

• 1 - Click your Start button, then right-click the "All Programs" link at the bottom.  Choose "Open All users".

2 - In the window that opens, right-click the Programs folder and choose "Restore Previous Versions". The Properties window may take a moment to load in all the available old copies of that folder.  

3 - Click an older version of the file from a date when you know the Accessories folder was still there, then click "open" and look around.  From there you can right-click the backup copy of Accessories, and paste it into your actual Programs folder (that you opened in step 1).

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:43 AM