none
DllRegisterServer error code 0x8002801c while trying to register mscomct2.ocx

Question

• system: Win7/64 Pro

computer: HP xw4600

problem:

this is an MSAccess(MSOffice7) question. i am trying to upgrade a database i am running from a Drobo through our network (so it has a \\drobo....etc address) and getting an error message stating MSCOMCT2.OCX failed to register. after reading the forums regarding this problem learned i need to register the OCX. cannot do it under cmd, because that does not support the path i need (UNC path????), so i am doing it under "run". getting an error message that the OCX loaded but DllRegisterServer returned an error code 0x8002801c.

i understand i need to run under Admin (and i am Admin on this computer), but somehow Win7 doesn't know it. There is no other user registered on this computer (other than the disabled "Guest").

how do i resolve this issue?

thanks

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:28 PM

Answers

• //
    // MessageId: TYPE_E_REGISTRYACCESS
    //
    // MessageText:
    //
    // Error accessing the OLE registry.
    //
    #define TYPE_E_REGISTRYACCESS            _HRESULT_TYPEDEF_(0x8002801C L)

I don't think that you can register an OCX from a UNC path.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:45 PM

All replies

• //
    // MessageId: TYPE_E_REGISTRYACCESS
    //
    // MessageText:
    //
    // Error accessing the OLE registry.
    //
    #define TYPE_E_REGISTRYACCESS            _HRESULT_TYPEDEF_(0x8002801C L)

I don't think that you can register an OCX from a UNC path.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:45 PM
  • I'm having the same problem.  I'm trying to fix a problem with Internet Explorer ("Find on This Page" does not work) by running the following:

regsvr32 oleacc.dll

The fix was recommended by the following site:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-find-on-this-page-does-not-work-in-internet-explorer-8/

I get the same error and my problem isn't fixed.  I'm using Windows 7 Starter and I'm the only used (aka Admin)

• Proposed as answer by Piyush Anand Friday, November 16, 2012 5:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Piyush Anand Friday, November 16, 2012 5:41 AM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 1:07 AM
  • Hi there

I also was facing the same problem, I got solution and it is working for me, try at once

click start>>click All Programs>>click accessories>>right click on 'command prompt'>>click run as administrator>> change the folder to the 'mscomct2.ocx' containing folder>>type 'regsvr32.exe mscomct2.ocx' and relax

Regards

Piyush

• Proposed as answer by Piyush Anand Friday, November 16, 2012 5:40 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Piyush Anand Friday, November 16, 2012 5:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Piyush Anand Friday, November 16, 2012 5:41 AM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 5:40 AM