none
SiS onboard graphics

Question

• I have recent upgraded to windows 7 64bit from windows 7 32bit and my driver used to work, 'SiS 662 VGA 3.87', however it will not install when i attempt i get the error message 'installDriverforVGA() fail 2:getlasterror()=375809641' if anyone could help i would be very grateful thanks!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:54 PM

Answers

• There is no support for the SiS chips.  They are obsolete, the company no longer supports them, and they are not considered compatible with Windows 7.

64-bit Windows requires 64-bit drivers and the drivers must be signed.

Microsoft does not write the drivers for third party hardware.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

Please understand Microsoft don’t provide any drivers for SIS graphics, you’d better contact hardware manufacturer for further help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:35 AM

All replies

• There is no support for the SiS chips.  They are obsolete, the company no longer supports them, and they are not considered compatible with Windows 7.

64-bit Windows requires 64-bit drivers and the drivers must be signed.

Microsoft does not write the drivers for third party hardware.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:39 PM
  • Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:39 PM
  • how come it worked on 32bit windows 7?

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:00 PM
  • i get this error

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:01 PM

Because it was a 32-bit driver.  You cannot use a 32-bit driver with 64-bit Windows (or vice-versa), they address the hardware differently and it just won't work.  If you can find a 64-bit Vista driver or 64-bit XP driver for your card you might get one of them installed and working.
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:59 PM

As stated above "64-bit Windows requires 64-bit drivers and the drivers must be signed."
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:29 PM
  • Because the driver is not compatible with Windows 7!!!

What don't you understand about there is no support?

If you have any complaints you need contact SiS.

It is NOT Microsoft's responsibility to write the drivers for SiS hardware!

• Edited by Rick Dee Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:32 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:32 PM
  • i tried the 64bit xp driver and it still didnt work 
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:12 PM
  • i tried the 64bit xp driver and it still didnt work 

You have a really hard time understanding there is no support for the SiS chip.  Why?

SiS has the sole responsibility of providing Windows 7 compatible drivers, if they choose to.

Microsoft does not write the drivers.  SiS writes the drivers!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:38 PM
  • look. i understand that it is not written by Microsoft, im not asking you to go and write for it. i just wanted to know if there was any unsigned drivers that would be downloadable from some website somewhere. stop going crazy, my graphics card is gunna come soon so this wont be a problem, PnP is fine for general use. ok? 
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:47 PM
  • look. i understand that it is not written by Microsoft, im not asking you to go and write for it. i just wanted to know if there was any unsigned drivers that would be downloadable from some website somewhere. stop going crazy, my graphics card is gunna come soon so this wont be a problem, PnP is fine for general use. ok? 

Then start searching the internet yourself for drivers.

The subject of this forum is Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility.  That question has been answered.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:29 PM
  • i only came here for some advice all this time i have BEEN looking. so next time i find myself here. be a little more usful?
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

Please understand Microsoft don’t provide any drivers for SIS graphics, you’d better contact hardware manufacturer for further help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:35 AM