none
Microsoft essentials

Question

• We run Windows 7 ultimate 64 Bit... Microsofts efforts to defeat spam continues to impress...very little junk mail, in fact none at all really, finds its way into my live and hotmail email accounts...even with my oldest account I am lucky to get junk mail once a month...this is superb really...gmail on the other hand continues to recieve excess amounts of junk mail...even though it is not used at all for almost two years now...yes it just sits and receives junk mail...windows better,deeper,stronger...mac in a world of their own, and this is good and I respect their design beauty...windows will take you further into the unknown and this makes their pathway superior in this writers humble opinion. Updates to the software are regular and taken at every opportunity...ongoing support is outstanding really...nothing in our world will ever be perfect but the path is a good one here.

Question: do we really need to keep doing full virus etc. scans ? 

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:58 AM

Answers

• Question: do we really need to keep doing full virus etc. scans ? 

Hi,

The short answer is YES. New scanning modules, methods and new definitions may find something not detected an hour ago. You can manage the scan activity with the options tab. A Quick Scan works for frequent scanning and full scanning at a less frequent interval. The schedule can be configured to a time when you are not busy on the computer.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 6:17 PM