none
High Definition Audio Device This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Question

• I have a Gigabyte Motherboard GA-8I915P Pro and have installed Build 5600, all devices have installed correctly except for the Audio Driver.  Details listed below.

Driver Version 6.0.5600.16384

Driver Date 21/06/2006

Provider Microsoft

Sound, video and game controllers

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 12:02 AM

All replies

• Dear Micro,

I have an HP pavilion dv1000 Limited Edition laptop and I am also getting the error message in device manager>audio>high definition audio>properties>"This device cannot start. (Code 10)Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available." is the error code I have.  I have searched for the last two months and have had no luck finding a solution.  I cant believe that I am the only one with this audio driver and not a soluion in site.  I am on VISTA RC2 Build 5744 (supposed to be the final beta with corrected audio issues) and no update.  I noticed you are releasing your final Vista is coming out in two months.  I hope this issue has been rsesolved before your release. 

Any suggestions would be helpdful.  I am participating in the error reports back to Micro in hopes of a fix.  Other then the audio issue everything looks and works great.

Mario

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:42 AM
  • Make sure you install the Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver first then the audio driver. You may need to manually point to the drivers rather than letting the installer set the drivers.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=1797&ProductName=GA-8I915G%20Pro

Download the drivers if you haven't already,  install them and see if you can point the device manager to the folder in which they were installed under and see if that resolves it.

Right now it sees as though Vista has issues with HD Audio devices.
    Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:24 AM
  • I recently installed Vista RTM on a Pavilion DV1000 (DV1610TN) and found the same problem. Downloading and installing the latest drivers for Windows XP from HP fixed the problem:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-40513-1&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=1840941&dlc=en

Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:52 AM
  • "I recently installed Vista RTM on a Pavilion DV1000 (DV1610TN) and found the same problem. Downloading and installing the latest drivers for Windows XP from HP fixed the problem:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-40513-1&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=1840941&dlc=en"

i tried this approach and it installs but vista claims that it isnt installed right. i reinstalled, but to no prevail. the program manages to run w/o it installed right, but cannot find the sound device. can some plz help me.

on a side note, vista is also not noticing that i have a second hard drive. i can use help with that 2.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 4:03 AM
  • Thanks very much It works for me

David

Monday, January 01, 2007 1:01 PM
  • DACTech,
    Help.  I had similar problem as original poster with Gigabite MB.  I initially had sound working by instruction as your message above.  Then, somehow I screwed up while trying to get scanner works, long story.  Anyway, I try to reinstall UAA and then audio driver.  It simply will not work.  How can I remove audio drive and UAA clean so that I can reinstall and make it work?  I tried device manager to uninstall.  It just won't work for me.
    Your help are greatly appreciated.
    Sunday, January 21, 2007 12:08 AM
  • Had the same problem and found this file "vista_R155.exe" which works fine in Vista but is giving me problems in Medievil 2:Total War where everything sounds like it's underwater.  You can find links to the file at our Japanese collegues forum:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet-JA/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1106681&SiteID=36

Hope this helps
    Sunday, January 21, 2007 2:39 AM
  • hey guys, I installed vista on my HP dv8000 today, and I had the same problem.

so i download Conexant High Definition Audio Drive and Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio from HP website.

and it worked for me  

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1832444&lang=en

Saturday, February 03, 2007 7:50 AM
  • Will that DL work with a Compaq SR2006NX? I need to know. i was installing a new operating system and i accsidentaly(sry bout not spelling it right) and i deleted everything on the hard drive now my sound wont work.

I NEEEEEEEED TO WATCH MOVIES!!!!!!!

Monday, April 09, 2007 8:30 PM
  • thanks a tons i just installed vista to and had the same fricken problem i made an account just to tell you thanks for fixing the problem!
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:00 AM
  • For the Compaq SR2006NX...If you're running Windows Vista 32-bit...

Realtek High Definition Audio drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-46403-2&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3262012&os=2093&lang=en

BTW, why didn't you go to the OEM and purchase the System Recovery DVDs?

Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:16 PM
  • Hi,

It took me 2 hrs. but I got it.  First, uninstall all the conexant sound and modem drivers and download and install  

a microsoft file kb888111xpsp2 HD Audio.  Shut down the computer and restart.  When the system reboots the found new hardware wizard will pop-up and will be looking for hdaudbus.  Unzip the above file and browse to the unzipped file and install the hdaudbus.  Then the new hardware wizard will install the Conexant HD Modem and HD Sound.  The sound should work great.

I hope this helps, John

Friday, November 09, 2007 1:30 PM
  •  

Hi,

It took me 2 hrs. but I got it.  First, uninstall all the conexant sound and modem drivers and download and install  

a microsoft file kb888111xpsp2 HD Audio.  Shut down the computer and restart.  When the system reboots the found new hardware wizard will pop-up and will be looking for hdaudbus.  Unzip the above file and browse to the unzipped file and install the hdaudbus.  Then the new hardware wizard will install the Conexant HD Modem and HD Sound.  The sound should work great.

I hope this helps, John

Friday, November 09, 2007 1:32 PM
  • I installed the Microsoft High Defination Audio then restarted the system applied the kb888111xpsp2.exe patch again restarted the system then installed the driver for Audio and Modem still the installation fail. The model of laptop is HP DV1619 if you have any solution your help is appriecaited.
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 10:52 AM