none
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) - Leadtek 7600 GT THD 256 MB

Question

• I installed the proper video driver from nvidia's website and the video card (Leadtek 7600 GT THD 256 MB) was working properly with vista with no issue.  I updated my score which had a rating of 4.6 when I was done.  All was well for about 10 days and then I notice the video driver reverted to the "Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) driver.

I uninstalled nvidia software and the device and tried to re-install the device with the nvidia driver and even downloaded the latest driver 100.65 from the nvidia website and still I get the following error message below when every I try to install a new driver for my video card.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
    I

Thursday, March 08, 2007 12:38 PM

Answers

• Cause

There are several causes of Code 39 errors:
    A required device driver is missing.
    A required binary file is corrupted.
    There is a problem with the file I/O process.
    A driver that is referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.
    Recommended resolution

Reinstall the drivers for this device.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.
    On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
    Restart your computer.
    Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:30 PM

All replies

• those 100.65 drivers you have are BETA drivers.
    Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:55 PM
  • My CD drives are not working. code  39

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:37 AM
  • Cause

There are several causes of Code 39 errors:
    A required device driver is missing.
    A required binary file is corrupted.
    There is a problem with the file I/O process.
    A driver that is referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.
    Recommended resolution

Reinstall the drivers for this device.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.
    On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
    Restart your computer.
    Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:30 PM