none
Dvd burner not recognized in BIOS

Question

• I replaced an LG Blu-Ray reader with an LG Blu-Ray burner, using the same SATA port and cables.  It appeared to work for at least one burn and several reads.  I noticed my PC running Windows 7 32 bit home edition was very slow to re-boot.  I then checked the BIOS and Device Manager and saw it was not listed.  Did this drive suddenly fail, or is this a configuration problem?

Monday, February 27, 2012 6:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This problem could be a hardware related issue. Please try to check the burner on another machine to determine whether this is a burner problem or machine problem. Also you could contact the manufacturer to check the issue.

In addition, please unplug all unnecessary external device to check whether this is power supply related issue.

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:34 PM

All replies

• Have you checked the cables again? SATA cables seem to come loose more easily than the old IDE/Molex combination.

If the drive isn't visible to the BIOS, that suggests a hardware fault.

Monday, February 27, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

This problem could be a hardware related issue. Please try to check the burner on another machine to determine whether this is a burner problem or machine problem. Also you could contact the manufacturer to check the issue.

In addition, please unplug all unnecessary external device to check whether this is power supply related issue.

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:34 PM