none
Windows Live Mail could not be started .... Your Calendar contains corrupt data .... ox8000fff

Question

• I downloaded the Windows Live Essentials for Windows 7 running under Parallels 5.0.9310.  When I try to bring up Windows Live Mail I receive the error:

Windows Live Mail could not be started.  Closing Windows Live Mail.  Your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close.  (ox8000fff).

I have:

1.  Done a repair via control panel

2.  Deinstalled just mail from the control panel, removed the registry entries for Windows Live Mail in hkey_current_user and hkey_local_machine.

3.  Reinstalled just mail.

Nothing seems to work.  I am still getting the error.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Caprichoso,

Since it is to be more of Windows Live Mail issue, I kindly recommend you to contact Windows Live Mail Technical Support Team for a specific solution. Here I would like to share the following method based on my research:

You can click Start, click Control Panel and click Clock, Language, and Region, click Date and Time, click Change time zone and uncheck the box in front of “Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time”, click OK twice.

Best Regards

Dale

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Caprichoso,

Since it is to be more of Windows Live Mail issue, I kindly recommend you to contact Windows Live Mail Technical Support Team for a specific solution. Here I would like to share the following method based on my research:

You can click Start, click Control Panel and click Clock, Language, and Region, click Date and Time, click Change time zone and uncheck the box in front of “Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time”, click OK twice.

Best Regards

Dale

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:18 AM
  • Thanks for the directions!
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 12:18 AM
  • thanks! this really helps
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:07 AM
  • After searching for an answer for hours; I did a system restore for the day before; and it solved the problem. 
    EASY FIX!!!

By the way, I can't find %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft; even when I've gone into Control Panel -- Folders -- show all files.
    1.  Where is this file as I read that if you remove the file it removes the corruption from the Calendar; and
    2.  How can I save my calendar file?  Microsoft doesn't make it easy to back up this file!!!
    • Proposed as answer by Xpuctenna Saturday, September 17, 2011 1:14 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 1:14 PM
  •  I fixed the same issue on my windows 7. All I did was use windows explorer  goto > USERS >  (your user name) >  AppData > Local > Microsoft > then I  REMOVED the entire Windows Live Mail folder ( you can make a copy also to somewhere else JUST-IN-CASE; but make sure you DELETE the original "Windows Live Mail" folder from the original location.) > I then started Windows Live Mail and it started up fine. Now you can re-enter all your email settyings/accounts .  I think Live Mail creates a whole new uncorrpted LIVE MAIL folder when it can't find the original.
    • Edited by Jade Sakura Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:56 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Luisfm Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:59 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Luisfm Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:38 PM
  • None of the above suggestions worked for me. I got this problem after cloning the Hard Drive (to get a bigger and faster one). I use an HP pavilion  dv6000 and Win7. In another forum somebody suggested the following, which did actually worked:

Solution: Install the following update from HP:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02219204

Hope this helps.

Luism

• Proposed as answer by Tnargeel Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:02 PM
  • Thank you very much Luism. This solved my problem. I too had cloned my drive for a bigger faster one. No idea that this was the problem after trying various solutions posted with no help.

skyhawk

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:39 AM
  • Thanks very much. This worked for me. Un-installing and re-installing windows live did not.
    Saturday, May 19, 2012 12:59 AM
  • It seems that this problem occurs when cloning to a large HDD windows live mail seems to have a tantrum.

The link provided by Lusfm works perfectly, I'm just surprised Microsoft are not on top of this problem.

Monday, May 21, 2012 3:33 PM
  •  I fixed the same issue on my windows 7. All I did was use windows explorer  goto > USERS >  (your user name) >  AppData > Local > Microsoft > then I  REMOVED the entire Windows Live Mail folder ( you can make a copy also to somewhere else JUST-IN-CASE; but make sure you DELETE the original "Windows Live Mail" folder from the original location.) > I then started Windows Live Mail and it started up fine. Now you can re-enter all your email settyings/accounts .  I think Live Mail creates a whole new uncorrpted LIVE MAIL folder when it can't find the original.

Yes. I just removed the CALENDAR folder in Windows Live Mail folder. It works!

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 2:40 AM
  • None of the above suggestions worked for me. I got this problem after cloning the Hard Drive (to get a bigger and faster one). I use an HP pavilion  dv6000 and Win7. In another forum somebody suggested the following, which did actually worked:

Solution: Install the following update from HP:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02219204

Hope this helps.

Luism

This worked for me even though I was switching(cloning with Seagates Acronis)  hard drives on a Dell.

I backed up the Windows Live Mail folder first though and put it back after the update.

• Edited by Darkwoulfe Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:08 PM
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:07 PM
  • This worked for me.  Thank you so very much Lusm.  Running Gateway FX6831, Windows 7 Pro.  Problem started after clone using seagate DiskWizard, seagate drive to new seagate drive.  Windows update and Windows Live Mail both working now.   Tried numerous other things - non worked.  Thanks again.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:04 AM

Yes, this worked for me on Windows 7 as well... although, instead of deleting the entire Windows live Mail Folder as suggested above - all I did was delete the "Calandar" folder inside the Live Mail Folder (which was supposedly corrupted in the error message). I then restarted Windows Live Mail and it booted up fine - with all my email accounts intact, including all my saved folders, etc... This might be preferable if you have Saved Folders and you don't want to have to reenter all your email accounts, etc. Thanks to Jade for the initial solution which definitely got me looking in the right direction. Without Jade's post I'd still be looking!

Ooops, I see now that someone posted this same solution below! :P

Saturday, December 01, 2012 3:46 AM
  • Thank you SO MUCH for posting this.

I had exactly this problem when upgrading to a faster hard drive, and cloning my old hard drive to it.

Installing this driver from hp solved the problem.

I have no idea how I would have figured this out if not for your post.

Murray

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:55 AM
  • Thanks Much

This little post of yours did the trick

on my Dell Lattitude 6410

WLM showed the symptoms of this forum topic while my system's

dual ssd was writing back from recovery to main drive, after I loaded 8.9.0.1024 Intel driver and Storage manager.

whoda thunk

Monday, March 03, 2014 3:42 PM
  • Thank you very much, Luism.

I upgraded my Acer Aspire X5810 750G hard drive to a 2T drive today, and encountered this problem when starting Windows Live Mail. Windows Update would not launch as well.

I could not find the solution elsewhere.

Everything works fine now.

You saved me a lot of time and a big headache! Glad I found your solution here.

Akchee

Monday, May 12, 2014 3:37 PM