none
Microsoft Bluetooth 5000 mouse not working in Windows 7 RC

Question

• I cannot get the Microsoft Bluetooth 5000 mouse working running in Windows 7 RC 64  bit on a Lenovo T400 laptop.

First I was getting as popup when the mouse was detected asking for a pairing code.  Since this mouse has no pairing code, I disabled the "Alert me when a new Bluetooth device want to connect" checkbox in Bluetooth settings.

I then clicked add a device and a popup let me select no pairing code.

The problem is the mouse does not work.  It only stays connected for a short time.

Is this Mouse supported? 
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:20 PM

Answers

• Try using the Vista driver(64 or 32bit, whichever version of Win 7 RC that is installed) for your bluetooth module from your manufacturer.

I suspect it is the module driver and not the device. (mouse in this case).

Once the module driver is installed, then use the Vista software for the specific device to enable the configuration and features.
    • Marked as answer by axfelix Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:44 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 12:01 PM

All replies

• To answer your last question, Yes the mouse is supported. I am using it on my HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop computer.

I did not need to disable pairing code but it did take a few attempts of clicking on 'add device'. Be sure you have good batteries and press the button on the bottom of the mouse so it can be detected.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:22 AM
  • I cannot get any bluetooth devices to work on windows 7 RC, on either 64 or 32 bit versions, However, windows 7 beta works just fine on all my bluetooth devices.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:30 AM
  • Same here....Wanted to connect my Sony-Ericsson w/o any success...no error messages at all...it just doesn´t show up as a drive under computer like it does under Vista.

I am running Windows 7 RC 64 bit on a Travelmate 5720
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:46 AM
  • The same problem on Dell Inspiron 1525 Windows 7 RC 64 . My Microsoft Bluetooth 5000 mouse can't connect. It is recognized, but I'm getting 'Adding this device to this computer failed'.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 4:28 PM
  • Try using the Vista driver(64 or 32bit, whichever version of Win 7 RC that is installed) for your bluetooth module from your manufacturer.

I suspect it is the module driver and not the device. (mouse in this case).

Once the module driver is installed, then use the Vista software for the specific device to enable the configuration and features.
    • Marked as answer by axfelix Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:44 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 12:01 PM
  • Does anybody solve the problem with pairing the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 and Windows 7 RC?
    I cannot pair it successfully
    Via notification bubble it asks for pairing code/pass key (which is not provided for this device according to KB article here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/952818)

and when I am trying to add it through "add devices" it times out...

I'll take any suggestions

Dmitry Kazantsev | Schakra, Inc
    Friday, May 29, 2009 5:01 AM
  • OK. I located this KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952818.

This should help. You may also need to install intellipoint software. Vista included it. Probably not in the Win 7 RC. It's an RC, not a final.
    Monday, June 01, 2009 11:46 AM
  • 952818 does not really help

the way I've solved the problem is to install non-MSFT driver for Bluetooth device in my laptop. I've used Vista driver which was installed with moderate amount of pain, after which adding MSFT Bluetooth Mouse 5000 operation worked.

Dmitry Kazantsev | Schakra, Inc
    Monday, June 01, 2009 4:44 PM
  • Dmitry,
    KB952818 answers that there is no passkey...select, none in the pairing dialog.

On 26. May I suggested using the maufacturer's Vista driver for the bluetooth module.

If that solved your problem mark that as an answer so that others can resolve their issue also. There are many views on this thread.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:15 AM

• I've  resolved just starting the bluetooth service on Services.msc.
    I recommend view properties and adjust to star at logon.

Thanks
    Thursday, June 04, 2009 8:49 PM
  • When adding your device, press and hold the pairing button located in the bottom of your mouse for a few seconds until the battery light next to the wheel starts to blink (you have two buttons: power and pairing). Only then you can proceed with the pairing in Win7.
    • Proposed as answer by eizzoxela Monday, June 15, 2009 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:14 PM
  • When adding your device, press and hold the pairing button located in the bottom of your mouse for a few seconds until the battery light next to the wheel starts to blink (you have two buttons: power and pairing). Only then you can proceed with the pairing in Win7.

This worked for me I have an ASUS laptop with a generic bluetooth usb adapter and was having the same problem. Didn't have to do this extra step with Vista but with Win 7 holding down the button till it blinks green and red (red was because it had low batteries) then searching for the device in windows worked.
    Monday, June 15, 2009 6:27 PM
    Thanks! I've been searching for hours trying to connect the mouse, and it was so simple that all that was needed was to hold the button until it starts blinking.
    So simple. Thanks again.
    • Proposed as answer by gp_innovator Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:05 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:37 AM
  • Yes!! this worked for me!! Thank you so much!! You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, August 08, 2009 7:03 PM

Yes!!! THIS WORKED FOR ME!! THANK YOU SO MUCHCHCHCHCH!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
    Saturday, August 08, 2009 7:04 PM
  • Yes!!! THIS WORKED FOR ME TOO!! THANK YOU SO MUCHCHCHCHCH!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 3:42 AM
  • worked for me to tnx
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:04 PM
  • YES... good one.  I was pressing the button underneath but not holding it down until light began flashing... when I did that I just went to add a bluetooth device inc ontrol panel and bingo!
    Friday, November 13, 2009 2:58 AM
  • Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 10:21 PM
  • After repeated attempts to get my Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 to work after upgrading from Vista to 7 your comment about activating the pairing, the obvious is not always used.  Thanks
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 4:23 PM
  • I worked for me after I put new batteries (even the ones I was using were still good)

Monday, August 16, 2010 12:48 PM
  • What a simple solution. Thanks to the others that suggested vista drivers etc, but this one worked immediately. Is there a way to make this THE answer for this thread? Thanks!
    Monday, December 06, 2010 4:23 AM
  • This worked for me!

Thanks a lot

Monday, January 31, 2011 9:20 PM
  • I updated from widows 7 home premium to enterprise. I have tried everything on these forums and I know how to pair the device. It seems that when I install the mouse through add a device, it only stays in the device panel for a couple of seconds then disappears. The mouse worked fine for the home premium OS. I am running a Sony Vaio 21FX and I updated the FOXCONN driver. What could be the problem??
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:40 PM
  • OK I got it working... here is how

Click Start, in the run line type "services", find the bluetooth service and double click. set the start option to automatic, then click the tab that says log on. In the accounts click "browse", then click "advanced", then click "find". Click LOCAL SERVICE and apply, then enter your login password. You will have to right click on bluetooth settings again then hit stop, then right click again and hit start. Go to add a bluetooth device from control panel and add your device. My mouse now works. I hope this helps!!

Robert Ross
    Friday, February 18, 2011 3:02 AM

Click Start, in the run line type "services", find the bluetooth service and double click. set the start option to automatic, then click the tab that says log on. In the accounts click "browse", then click "advanced", then click "find". Click LOCAL SERVICE and apply, then enter your login password. You will have to right click on bluetooth settings again then hit stop, then right click again and hit start. Go to add a bluetooth device from control panel and add your device. My mouse now works. I hope this helps!!

Robert Ross

WOW !! Thanks OP70.  It worked.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 12:08 PM
  • I have connected my Bluetooth and I had Intellipoint 8.0 which does not identify this mouse. I can't configure the wheel button nor the additional button. I tried to uninstall and install version 7.0, but has not listed this mouse. I found that version 8 is only for USB mice. How can you configure this mouse?

Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:12 AM
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i've been trying to fix this problem for like 15 mins!!! could not find the manual...even online... ;p thank you thank you! :)

Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:09 AM
  • Thank you for this solution!  I was having similar pairing problems where the pairing process was timing out.  Your solution worked first try.  Where did you discover this nugget of info?

Sunday, July 03, 2011 12:51 PM
  • Believe it or not, trial and error and luck!
    Robert Ross
    Sunday, July 03, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Worked for me!!! after 2months of trying... thx
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:28 PM

Robert Ross

AWESOME - been working on this all day, searching everywhere, and this was the tip that worked!!! One thing I need to mention though is I needed to make the same changes mentioned above not only to the 'Bluetooth Services' tab but also the 'Bluetooth Support' tab right below. The same changes to both and it finally discovered the mouse.

Thanks Robert....time to get drunk!!!!

Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:09 PM
  • Nice one! Now it's all right with my Presenter 8000. Thanks!
    apaganuchi
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:04 AM
  • *_^ yeah thanks for ur technic
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Yes it is supported, I was having all the problems suggested here after just having upgraded to Win 7 from XP, however, (by accident) I discovered that you don't just push the button underneath once, you MUST press and HOLD for about 5 seconds or so, until the light starts flashing, green & red. and then the computer finds and installs the driver no problem.

Good Luck

Monday, October 31, 2011 11:37 AM

Robert Ross

I have several services called Bluetooth. Which one?

Thanks

Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:12 PM

Robert Ross

I have several services called Bluetooth. Which one?

Thanks

There should be one called Bluetooth Support Services.  That's the one you want.
    Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:20 AM

Robert Ross
    Yess! this works! I get the mouse to appear again after removing it after it's inactive-icon and not working in the first install. But one more thing, I have to right-click, device properties, on Services tab, tick the option in the bluetooth services box to get the mouse icon active and finally start working.

And just a reminder, you HAVE to press and hold the discovery button until the led flashes green and red to make it discoverable! 
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 4:15 PM
  • I have done the "fix" on my Samsung notebook and thanks to all, it now works fine.

Now I have  a HP dm1 win7 that after "fixing with control panel, systems, etc, etc" it works fine(except). When I leave it for 10-15 mins HP bluetooth terminates the connection (I assume to save power) and I must go to control panel and "rediscover" the 5000 mouse and it all works fine again. How do I get the HP to quit terminating the BLUETOOTH connection?? I have been everywhere, what did you do??? Thanks

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:45 AM