none
PCI bus 15, device 0, function 0 error code 28

Question

• I have Windows 7 RC on my Dell XPS M1730 (actually made it triple boot with XP Pro and Vista home premium, dual hard drives). So far everything seems to work, but device manager shows an unknown PCI device with error - PCI bus 15, device 0, function 0 error code 28 (no driver installed).  I cannot figure out what the device is so I can get the driver for it.  I have run "driverquery" in Vista and Windows 7 RC and they look about the same.  Device manager in Vista and XP show no errors, only Windows 7 RC.  Anyone have any ideas, so far all my hardware seems to be working ok............????????????????
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 1:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Go into the Device Manager and open the properties of the unknown PCI device and look at the Details.  Scroll through to see if there is an entry similar to "PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4364&SUBSYS_27001565&REV_13" listed.

If so, go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/ where you can look up the item.  The VEN is the Vender ID and the DEV is the Device ID.  See if this helps identify the device.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 2:23 PM
  • Thanks,  PCI\VEN_1971&DEV_0000&SUBSYS_0003105B&REV_00, if I read that correctly, looks like my Ageia card is the issue............THANKS AGAIN........now I have a starting point for later today..................will bookmark that web page, that could be very handy.......................Jack
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 2:46 PM
  • There does appear to be software avaible @ http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0428_whql.html
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 3:14 PM
  • Well, I am back on the hunt for answers, I installed the driver and device manager still doesn't recognize it....?.?.?????  I really do appreciate the help with pcidatabase.com though, at least I am learning my way around the bowels of my laptop....................Jack
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:56 PM
  • I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!.....Rolled back to the next older driver and it worked, now I don't have any hardware issues.
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 11:44 PM
  • Hy,

i have exactly the same problem. Where i can find the good driver for this ?
    Monday, January 18, 2010 10:12 PM
  • hi,im from spain,i had the same problem,you have to instal the original driver of the computer you have,example,i have a dell xps m1730,well i have instaled the latest version and it didnt work,it was driver version number 301.--,so i had to instal the version number 258.96,and you have to do the same for the physx driver,i hope this helps you budy.good luck
    Monday, August 27, 2012 9:14 PM