none
Windows DVD Maker Stops at 99% encoding

Question

• I just got a Samsung 900X3A notebook with 128G-SSHD, running Windows 7-64bit and I use an external Samsung SE-S084C DVD burner with the latest drivers with a USB 2.0 connection.  I created a movie from different video clips with windows movie maker and finalized it for burning using Windows DVD Maker.  I create it in DVD Maker, click burn and it and encodes to 99% then stops.  An error box appears saying, "DVD burner not found".  The DVD maker main window comes back up and sure enough the DVD drive does not appear where it had before I started.  I've tried to burn the DVD at a slower speed and the encoding stops at 80% with the same error.  The burner worked fine with my ASUS netbook running Windows 7 home premium creating movies the same way. 

Please help??

Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According the issue, please try following steps to troubleshot this issue:

1.       Upgrade the USB controllers driver.

2.       Try to burn a DVD via some third party software (Such as Nero) to check whether this hardware could work on your machine.

3.       Try to make this movie in Clean Boot.

If you have further question about this issue, please feel free and let me know.

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Hi and thanks for your reply,

Yes I checked 'all' drivers for USB controllers, DVD burner firmware is up to date and is compatible with Windows 7-64bit. When the error comes up the burner is running, is still listed as a device in the 'computer' window.

I should also mention that after I close the error box the laptop gives a 'disconnected-then-connected sound.  I'll close the program (because there is no drive letter to select for a DVD burner) and the blank disk AutoPlay window pops up asking me if I want to burn files to disk with windows or burn a DVD video disc with DVD maker.  I thought maybe that's the path I need to take to burn with but nope.  It's the same thing (beginning to feel like a hamster on a wheel).

I did what you suggested by trying to make the movie in Clean Boot but I get the same results.

Any other suggestions????

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:18 PM