none
how to remove duplicate windows update KB 2553094 - no uninstall option in windows 7 add/remove program features

Question

• Hi,

I would like to have the above KB removed, there is a duplicate of it, its appearing 4 times on my machine. Its related to sharepoint server 2010, which I have uninstalled, however the update remained. I tried to uninstall it using the remove program features, but the uninstall option does not show.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:10 AM

Answers

• Hi cally_kalpana,

Please try the following steps to uninstall an update:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Programs, click Programs and Features, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
    3. Click the update which you want to uninstall, and then click Uninstall.

Please try the following steps to hide a Windows update to avoid receiving the reminder again:

Step1: Stop the Windows Update service

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Administrative Tools and then double-click Services. Or: Click Start, type services.msc in the Search box, and then press Enter.
    2. In the right pane of the Services snap-in, locate the Windows Update service.
    3. Right-click the Windows Update service, and then select Stop in the context menu.
    4. Close the Services window.

Step2: Delete all the files and folders inside of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

Note: The folder “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution” is where automatic updates are stored. Please BACKUP anything that you think is useful in this folder.

Step 3: Hide the update.

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click System and Security, and then click Windows update.
    3. Click updates are available in the section Windows Update.
    4. Right-click on the update which you would like to hide or move on, and then select Hide update.
    5. Click OK.

Step 4: Go back to the Services dialog, right-click the Windows Update service and select Start.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Thursday, September 05, 2013 7:11 AM