none
ISO problems

Question

• I have burned the latest iso file vista_5384.4.060518-1455_winmain_beta2_x86fre_client-LB2CFRE_EN_DVD.iso (dl from MS) with two seperate programs.  The file size seems to be 3,048,880 KB or 2.90 GB.

When trying to upgrade from WinXP Pro I get the following messages:

Setup.exe - bad image

The application of dll E:\sourece\spwizeng.dll is not a valid windows image.  Please check this against your installation diskette. 

Windows Setup

The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt.  Setup cannot continue.  Error code is [0xC1]

Everything seems to point to a corrupt iso.  Can anyone confirm the size for me?  Is there any workarounds?  It seems like everyone, and their dog is trying to download this now, so am I stuck at the back of the line again?

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:43 PM

Answers

• I had the same problem and had to redownload the whole thing in order to fix it.
    Friday, June 09, 2006 9:56 PM
  • Definitly sounds like a corrupted ISO. The one I grabbed last night (and the page that directs you to download the ISOs says that it should be) 3.12 GB in size.

I've had the same sort of issue(s) with the 64 bit edition. Seems the file itself - as downloaded without a d/l manager - only comes across as 13 MB - that's right Mega-not Giga-bytes..

As our fearless forum leader has suggested - try downloading the beasty again.

Friday, June 09, 2006 10:48 PM

All replies

• I had the same problem and had to redownload the whole thing in order to fix it.
    Friday, June 09, 2006 9:56 PM
  • Definitly sounds like a corrupted ISO. The one I grabbed last night (and the page that directs you to download the ISOs says that it should be) 3.12 GB in size.

I've had the same sort of issue(s) with the 64 bit edition. Seems the file itself - as downloaded without a d/l manager - only comes across as 13 MB - that's right Mega-not Giga-bytes..

As our fearless forum leader has suggested - try downloading the beasty again.

Friday, June 09, 2006 10:48 PM
  • Thanks guys.  Downloaded again and now it is 3.12GB.  Much better.
    Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:33 AM
  • I had the same issue - re-downloaded it completely and the new file worked perfectly.
    Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:27 PM
  • When I try to install Windows Vista Beta 2 I get the following message:

"The file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0xC1]"

My ISO file has 3.276.952 KB (3.12 GB, 3.355.598.848 bytes) size.

Wagner Cabral

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 12:26 AM
  • I think i have found out the solution1. you cannot load the Disk from windows2. boot it  like the usual windows disk
    Sunday, July 16, 2006 3:18 AM
  • I had the same problem with the setup but my image size is 3.2 GB. If you have an image that installs, could you send me a copy if I give you my mailing address?

JD_LUV_Beta

Sunday, July 30, 2006 3:15 AM
  • I also faced a similar problem.

This appears to be due to the UDF File System used in ISO Image / DVD (instead of

CDFS File System). The UDF File System may not be recognised by some DVD ROM

Drives. This problem may be overcome by carrying out Firmware Revision Update of

the DVD ROM Drive from its Manufacturer's Website.

This solution worked fine for me and Vista installed successfully.

PRAD
    15/8/2006

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:11 PM
  • I have downloaded the Vista RC1 using download manager twice, I succesfully burnt the ISO file, However I am stiil unable to install it. The file size I receive is 2584 mb. Is this correct, Each download takes around 6 hours on my setup. Is there any free software out there that will allow me to open the ISO? I downloaded Magic ISO, However this will not open unless you actually buy the Software, Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:16 AM
  • Try ISOBuster located at: http://www.isobuster.com/ Its a nagware software but serves its purpose. 

Good luck, I am having the same problem installing on a x86 xp sp2 located on my Virtual PC - still no luck.  I am headed to bed and will try the download in the morning.

Brian

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:13 AM
  • BTW: Checksum checked out on my ISO, that leaves me a bit confused. Hmmm...
    Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:15 AM
  • If you have a computer with XP installed, you can install deamon tool from http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Scroll down to Deamon Tools 3.47 as the latest build 4.0.3 has extra *** in it. Once you have deamon tools installed, you'll see the deamon tools icon down in the system tray, right click and mount image. Browse to your .iso location. Once the image is mounted, you should be able to see the proper file structure in Windows Explorer. If not, the file is corrupt and you'll need to redownload the .iso.

If the image mounts fine, I would suggest burning at a slower speed.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:05 AM
  • Thanks for the update - that was exactly the same article that I was just about to post.  I found this morning that ISOBuster no longer offers the functionality from it's "nagware" to allow for the extraction of an ISO (ooops!).

I've use daemon in the past and it is an excellent (free) tool.

Brian

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:11 AM
  • Loaded Daemon tools and all the extra c*@p& and found my iso most likely is bad as the same errors occur.  Checksum checked out though so as far as I can tell it should have been a good download??

Not sure - but if I were anyone loading the "new" daemon tools, only do so on a test machine then get it off.  it is a haven of spyware that loads popups for advertising.  As RL Gartin mentioned, ver 3.47, if you can find it, does not have all that extra stuff in it.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:38 AM
  • You should be able to uninstall most of the spy/adware through Add/Remove programs without uninstalling daemontools.

On a sidenote, I have the daemontools 4.0.0 installer, 1.38MB, that I'd be happy to send to anyone that wants it. Daemon Tools 4.0.0 doesn't have the extra cr@p included. Just give me your email address in a way that you won't get spammed, or send me a request to "bluesbear13atyahoodotcom". Just put daemon tool in the subject line.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 3:22 AM
  • With Vista I cannot install Daemon tools!  Back to the drawing board then,Thanks Anyhow.
    Friday, September 15, 2006 4:21 PM
  • hey all:  newest file in this ongoing saga seems to be:

vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_dvd.iso

and is being reported as being 2.52 GB (2,709,782,528 bytes) in volume

this d/l'd with MS' Download Manager; extracted to DVD R and boots normally in Windows; XP or Win2K

Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:24 AM
  •  owzyafava wrote:
    With Vista I cannot install Daemon tools!  Back to the drawing board then,Thanks Anyhow.

Consider the free Dvdburn.exe ISO DVD Burner Tool available as part of the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit  (also runs under Win XP).

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:32 PM
  • Thanks for the response, I managed to open it with Image burn / DVD decrypter ,using Vista, However I have not been able to connect with the net till today! I was unable to roll back to version 5384, Also I had to do a clean install without saving any files to be able to get back on line, Also it appeared my XP disc had expired!! After only two reinstalls with the disc!!! Now I ask the question I would like to do a complete reformat Of my hard drive, And bring it back to zero. Then do a complete fresh install of RC1, And start from scratch so to speak, Any one willing to help me with a walk through with this? As always many thanks everyone!
    Monday, September 18, 2006 4:54 PM
  • This post is in regards to the error "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt..." I encountered this on two seperate computers when attempting to install the beta version of Vista booting from the dvd. For me, this error seems to have been caused by not meeting system requirements for Vista. Once I added an extra 256 mb ram panel bringing it up to 512 mb it installed perfectly. If you encounter this problem I would recommend checking you have at least 512mb of ram and meet other system requirements before attempting other fixes.
    Monday, December 04, 2006 10:53 AM