none
Tages Security Protection in games

General discussion

• X3 Terran Conflict Steam Version runs fine, but Disc Version will not,  Tages Protection is currently unsupported, so any games or software that uses Tages copyright Protection will not run under Windows 7. ive contacted Tages and been told at this time Tages does not support Windows 7 , that was the entire reply, have sent another email to enquire when/if theyre planning on supporting Win7. Will add to this as i get more information.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 4:57 PM

All replies

• I had the same problem with X3 TC.  I managed to find the Tages Protection site and downloaded their newest driver.  X3 TC now works and I'm not getting any more incompatible driver errors.  Just go to the site... Skip the intro... Click the "Drivers" link... Download and install the driver relevant to your operating system.  Here's the link:

http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm

Just bear in mind that the driver I updated for mine is for Windows 7 RC 64bit.  So the 64bit driver works on my system.  I have not test the 32bit version.  If someone else could test the 32bit version and confirm whether it resolves the problem here, it will help a lot of people. 

Hope this helps guys.
    Monday, June 01, 2009 1:59 AM
  • Hi

I tested the version 32bit and it is working perfectly on my system

Regards and good luck
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 1:32 PM
  • I just tested the 64 bit version, and I am no longer receiving the error messages upon starting up my system.  Many thanks for posting this solution, as it has been very helpful.
    Friday, December 04, 2009 11:39 PM
  • i have 7 32bit version i try it and works cool;)cheers brô;);)
    Monday, June 14, 2010 9:54 PM
  • Thank you...thank you so much!!!
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 3:27 PM
  • When i click the link to go to the Tags site, i get a error tellin me i don't have permission to be on there, any idea how to get around that?
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:34 PM
  • I have tried both the 32 and the 64 bit

the 32 bit wont download and when i download the 64bit i get this error when running my horse and me 1

CreateDevice failed. Checklist:
    1. If you have any tweakers or overclocking tools installed, like Rage3D please remove them!
    2. Try setting HDREnabled to false in the config. Older cards can have problems with this
    3. Get the latest video card drivers from www.ati.com or www.nvidia.com
    4.Make sure you have the latest DirectX (9.0c) from www.microsoft.com/directx
    5. No luck? E-mail support@artificialstudios.com incluing the below error code, which may give clues to the problem.
     Error code was E_FAIL

Stack Trace:
    Address = 0x43162c   (filenamenot found) ÜÒ
    Camera::ClearFrustums() Address = 0x1f15891  (filenamenot found) ÜÒ
    dllStartPlugin() Address = 0x4576e04  (filenamenot found) ÜÒ
    FindNextFileW() Address = 0x75b199ce (filenamenot found) ÜÒ
    FindNextFileA() Address = 0x75b1a1e5 (filenamenot found) ÜÒ
    Address = 0xffffffff (filenamenot found) ÜÒ
    Address = 0x18f314   (filenamenot found) ÜÒ
    Address = 0x18f88c   (filenamenot found) ÜÒ

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:08 PM