none
atapi dvd a dh16ayh ata

Question

• i have ph a6009n and this computer dose not read driver e:\ or cd-dvdrom driver i checked the divice manager there ok and says the driver for it is up to date what is the reason i can not use any cd's

Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? If recently, system restore can be under consideration. Please use another CD or play the same CD on another PC as test.

You can also try going to the Start Menu - All Programs, you should find an entry - PC Help & Tools. Open that and click on Recovery Manager. Follow the instructions for Hardware Driver Reinstallation, and it should reinstall your DVD.
    Meanwhile, it is strongly recommended to contact HP tech support and ask them how to use the HP Recovery Manager on your copy of Vista to reinstall DVD driver.
    Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 8:35 AM