none
Installing USB phone

Question

• Just trying to get a USB phone to work with skype. The CD that comes with the phone is desighned for XP. And it did work fine on the computer running XP. But although it does install on Windows 7 it wont detect the phone.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:08 PM

Answers

• Since the XP edition of Skypemate dowsn't work on Windows 7, you can download the most current version that is supposed to be for Vista and see if it will install.  You may have to use the Compatibility Mode.  If that doesn't correct the problem, then you will have to conatc the manufacturer about an update.

Download page: http://www.yealink.com/en/download.asp?BigClassName=USB VoIP Phone
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:37 PM
  • Hi Ruthyru,

Here is the detailed steps for how to install the driver under Compatibility Mode and Administrator level.

1. Right-click the driver installation file and choose Properties.
    2. Click Compatibility tab.
    3. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    4. Select Windows Vista Service Pack 2 below.
    5. Under Privilege Level, check the Run this program as administrator box.
    6. Click OK to save the settings.

Please double click the file to run it again.

Does it work?

If it does not work, you’d better contact the SkypeMate Support for the Windows 7 compatible driver.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Friday, January 22, 2010 4:58 AM
  • Hi Rick and Arthur

That worked fine.

Your advice really helped me out. It made my day when everything was working.

Thank you

Forgot to mention that I also had to set Skype to run in Vista mode, as it wouldn’t work otherwise.

Monday, January 25, 2010 11:48 AM

All replies

• What is the exact make, model, and series of the USB phone?

Have you cjecked the manufacturer's website for Windows 7 compatible software?

Also, make sure you have the latest version of Skype software installed that states it is Windows 7 compatible: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:27 PM
  • Its called Skepe Mate, USB VoIP phone. On the phone it says FCCpart 15 class B, and also SN:D0607201130.
    I downloaded skype just the other day so it will be the latest virsion. But have not managed to find any Windows compatible software.
    Have also tried to install it in XP mode, but to no avail, maybe am not doing it right.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:08 PM
  • Since the XP edition of Skypemate dowsn't work on Windows 7, you can download the most current version that is supposed to be for Vista and see if it will install.  You may have to use the Compatibility Mode.  If that doesn't correct the problem, then you will have to conatc the manufacturer about an update.

Download page: http://www.yealink.com/en/download.asp?BigClassName=USB VoIP Phone
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:37 PM
  • Good morning Rick
    On the link you gave I downloaded the file for SkypeMate for T4K(Windows/Vista). Am not shore what the T4K is as there is no mention of it on my phone. But it was the most recent Vista one. when i go to install it it says that i have to do it as an administrator. The thing is when i right click on the folder that downloaded it dosent give me that option.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:43 AM
  • You have to right click on the file itself and you will have the option to Run as administrator from the pop-up menu.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:23 PM
  • Hi Ruthyru,

Here is the detailed steps for how to install the driver under Compatibility Mode and Administrator level.

1. Right-click the driver installation file and choose Properties.
    2. Click Compatibility tab.
    3. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    4. Select Windows Vista Service Pack 2 below.
    5. Under Privilege Level, check the Run this program as administrator box.
    6. Click OK to save the settings.

Please double click the file to run it again.

Does it work?

If it does not work, you’d better contact the SkypeMate Support for the Windows 7 compatible driver.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Friday, January 22, 2010 4:58 AM
  • Hi Rick and Arthur

That worked fine.

Your advice really helped me out. It made my day when everything was working.

Thank you

Forgot to mention that I also had to set Skype to run in Vista mode, as it wouldn’t work otherwise.

Monday, January 25, 2010 11:48 AM
  • Hi! I just installed Windows 7 in my new PC: the link you give is no more valid. Any alternative? Thanks
    Sunday, April 03, 2011 1:47 PM