none
virtualapp/didlogical ????

Question

• I may be a dummy but would like to know why my computer needs said "generic credentials " I no nothing of this and am concerned for safty. should'nt I know of any user names or passwords my computer is using to log on anywhere? I dont have use for accessing my computer remotely either. what is going on and has my computer been compromised?
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 1:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Unless you are talking about virtual machines you are in the wrong forum.  Try Microsoft Answers

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

Where did you see generic credentials? In Credential Manager?

I suspect the issue is related to Windows Live. Please store your Windows Live™ credentials for your @live.com or @hotmail.com account in Windows Live™ Messenger site.

Here is a similar post.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/unknown-generic-credentials-in-windows-7/40467173-a75a-44b2-8617-5aa7a0479925

If the issue persists, please contact Windows Live forum to get more information.

http://windowslivehelp.com/

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:38 AM
  • I may be a ... and has my computer been compromised?

This is a deceptively simple Question, is this real? Needs only one answer a YES or a NO, it does not matter what system etc. it is either real, or it is not real.

i also asked this Question { i found this answer, see link below, or what seems to be an answer, IF IT IS NOT A REAL ANSWER IT SHOULD BE REMOVED }

{ Copy and paste this link in your browser address window it will take you to a post by an ms employee }

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprosecurity/thread/bb411d90-3efb-41de-a601-fb97944fdb5/#f55f8978-583d-44a8-8b62-c1eaee7fc564 { Copy and paste in your browser address window it will take you to a post by an ms employee }

If this is indeed an answer by a Microsoft employee it should show up as the FIRST AND LAST post to all these questions i.e. if someone quotes it, then it should automatically repost itself as the last post {non quotable with link back to first post so that is always the FIRST AND LAST word on the subject / while still allowing additional questions to be quoted, that is asked, at the first post} With a notation that the new question will be sent on to that employee. If a poster abuses this privilege / they can always be BLOCKED.

___________________________________________________________________________________

i have grudgingly accepted that this is a sub-contractor to ms, but i used:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager

Remove from vault option, and then i used:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Link Online IDs

after clicking on:

Link Online IDs i signed in to Live.com {or hotmail, msn, etc.}

While this probably makes little difference it is actually now an ms id and {on my computer} it created two tokens in addition to the live id.

"and has my computer been compromised?"

Mine does not seem to be.

Here is my original Question / with Two Responses

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprovirt/thread/9013ca10-e788-418e-bded-419611d64efe

vitualapp/didlogical

( Internet or network address )

User name: 02@@@@@@@at

pass: @@@@@@@@

Persistence: Local Machine

I also would love a straight answer to this QUESTION, WHO OR WHAT IS "vitualapp/didlogical" AND WHY ARE THERE SO MANY threads for such a simple question???

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cbarnhorst

Retired

12,535 Points

Straight answers in a public forum might also give the bad guys too much information.

>>>> THIS IS MOST LIKELY BS FROM MS

i really do not think most of us are looking for a “tech” filled answer just a simple YES or NO, how does that help these “bad guys”

Needs only one answer a YES or a NO, it does not matter what system etc. it is either real or it is not real. <<<<

Please start a new thread with your question fully stated.

WHY, to add to the confusion???

again >>>THIS IS MOST LIKELY BS FROM MS

Needs only one answer a YES or a NO, it does not matter what system etc. it is either real or it is not real. <<<<

This Does Not Work well.

Simple solutions. Simply applied. Simply work.

Don’t tell Bill!!!  He will “fix it.”

©®™℠ J So9-10 at Live Dotcom

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:59 PM
  • Here you go HOW...

Simply Disable your Credentials!

Start->Services->Credential Manager->Right click->Properties->Startup Type->Drop Down Disable->Apply-Ok->Right click->Credential Manager->Click on Stop->close the program and say Good Bye to Virtualapp/Didlogical forever! :)

Extraordinary;ordinary people. How True!

Ash,

Business Broker at Prudens Business Advisors

Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:37 PM