none
Transferring Word AutoCorrect entries from XP to Win 7

Question

• I have 9000 autocorrect entries (Word 2003) to transfer from my XP machine to my new Win 7 machine.  I am able to transfer the AutoCorrect Backup Doc file between computers via a flash drive using an AutoCorrect utilities macro, but it's mot making it to the correct backup file locations on Word.  I'm not a techie and I am truly stuck.  The entries are a mixture of plain and formatted text, if that makes a difference.  Help !.  
    Saturday, January 02, 2010 5:08 AM

All replies

• 9000 AutoCorrect entries, wow!  Do you ever have to type anything?  Hehehe...

Are you using the same version of Word on both computers?  On your XP machine, Word 2003 is probably stored at this location:  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11

But Office 2007 is stored in an Office12 folder (the numbers refer to the version number of Office, instead of the year it was released).

If this was helpful, please vote. If it solves the issue, please click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Saturday, January 02, 2010 11:52 PM
  • I have 9000 autocorrect entries (Word 2003) to transfer from my XP machine to my new Win 7 machine.  I am able to transfer the AutoCorrect Backup Doc file between computers via a flash drive using an AutoCorrect utilities macro, but it's mot making it to the correct backup file locations on Word.  I'm not a techie and I am truly stuck.  The entries are a mixture of plain and formatted text, if that makes a difference.  Help !.  
    You will need to copy your custom.dic so that your spell check will continue to work fine.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe

Server: ASRock P4-2GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Linux Server, need IDE/SATA disks for my chess site

Workstation: Asus M2NBP-VM CSM, Athlon64 X2 4200+ 65W CPU, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 8600GT, 320GB + 160G backup, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    Sunday, January 03, 2010 2:01 AM