none
I bought a copy of Windows 7 ultimate full version but....

Question

• I bought a copy of Windows 7 ultimate full version but its 64bit and wont let me upgrade my vista ultimate 32bit with this disk, Where can I get a 32bit OS disk for windows 7 ultimate so I can install it with my legit key?
    And no it only came with 1 disk in the package 64bit apparently.
    THanks
    Nuker-
    Monday, October 26, 2009 12:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Nuker,

Actually, you cannot upgrade your Windows Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit by using the copy you have purchased. If you want to get a new copy of Windows 7 32-bit disc, the following two ways are available.

1.    Make a refund and purchase a new copy of Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit disc.

2.    Make a replacement.

3. Go ahead and purchase a new copy of Win 7 32-bit edition. Press the following link to enter.

Microsoft Store

Seems all these ways will take some times or extra money. However, the most easilest way to upgrade your Windows Vista to the new OS is to perform a clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. For your convenience, I have included the reference link below.

How to Perform a Clean Installation of Windows 7 - Part 1 of 3

Good luck to you!

Judy Jiang :)
    Monday, October 26, 2009 2:56 AM
  • Hello Nuker,

According to the description, you might have two choices to work on the issue.

1. Clean install Windows 7 on another partition.

2. Contact Microsoft Customer Service to obtain Windows 7 32bit version to upgrade the system directly.

Good luck!

Andy

Monday, October 26, 2009 3:17 AM

All replies

• You could choose to do a fresh install instead if it doesn't allow you to upgrade, beside the win 7 ultimate full version comes with licence key and you could use those

Just remember to backup your stuff prior to doing the above
    Monday, October 26, 2009 1:16 AM
  • Hi Nuker,

Actually, you cannot upgrade your Windows Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit by using the copy you have purchased. If you want to get a new copy of Windows 7 32-bit disc, the following two ways are available.

1.    Make a refund and purchase a new copy of Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit disc.

2.    Make a replacement.

3. Go ahead and purchase a new copy of Win 7 32-bit edition. Press the following link to enter.

Microsoft Store

Seems all these ways will take some times or extra money. However, the most easilest way to upgrade your Windows Vista to the new OS is to perform a clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. For your convenience, I have included the reference link below.

Good luck to you!

Monday, October 26, 2009 2:56 AM
  • Hello Nuker,

According to the description, you might have two choices to work on the issue.

1. Clean install Windows 7 on another partition.

2. Contact Microsoft Customer Service to obtain Windows 7 32bit version to upgrade the system directly.

Good luck!

Andy

Monday, October 26, 2009 3:17 AM
  • Thank you all for your fast replies! I think i will just do a clean install seems to be the fastest cheapest way to go!
    Nuker-

Monday, October 26, 2009 5:50 AM
  • heh heh....

It's not only the fastest, cheapest way to go.  In your situation it's the ONLY way you can go!

:)
    Monday, October 26, 2009 5:55 AM
  • Yes, it is better to perform a clean installation of Windows 7 to upgrade your system. Before launching the installation, it is recommended manually copying important personal data to another partition, external hard drive or discs. Alternatively, you can run Backup and Restore Center to back up user profile and other important data.

For your convenience, I have included the reference link below (the same as the link posted in my initial reply.)

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Good luck!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:23 AM