none
Netflix plug-in in Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center

Question

• <updated Title to clarify Version of Windows 8>

The Netflix streaming does not work in the Netflix plug-in on Windows 8 Media Center.  Will this be fixed in Windows 8.1 RTM?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows 8.1 preview has been released, you can download it form MS official website and make a test.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Leo,

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my question. 

To clarify, I have Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center installed on my computer.  When I try to stream video using the Netflix plug-in from within Media Center it does not work.  I get an error screen from Netflix explaining the supported browsers/Operating Systems.  The Netflix plug-in in Windows 7 and Windows 8 Media Center works fine.  It's Windows 8.1 Pro preview that does not.  My question is whether this will be fixed with the RTM of Windows 8.1 Pro, or is there an official response from Microsoft regarding the Netflix plug-in for Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center?

-Randy 

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to contact expert Media Center Forum for further help:

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/114.aspx

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:16 AM
  • Leo,

Telling me to post this question in another forum is NOT an Answer.  I have unmarked this question as answered and I will be the one to mark this post as answered should I receive one.  I do not come here to ask questions only to be told to ask the question in another forum.   From what I understand, this is a MS Partner forum and should receive Partner Support from Microsoft.  Partner support includes support for ALL Microsoft products and the last time I checked Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate is a supported Microsoft product.  If Windows 7 is not supported by Partner Support then please tell me what Microsoft Support or PSS avenue I should take.  Don't just mark the question as answered to satisfy some metrics or gain some points accumulation.  Perhaps another PARTNER forum or product group could be queried.  I'm sure there is a Microsoft Employee who knows something about Media Center in Windows 8. 

My client uses Microsoft Windows Media Center in their business and uses the Netflix Plug-in that comes with Windows 7.  I am trying as a MS Partner to migrate their environment to Windows 8 and have not had much success because there has no compelling reason to use Windows 8 in a business environment.  And, if this issue cannot be answered by a Microsoft Professional, then I don't think Windows 8 will have a place in any of my clients' environments. 

Please escalate this question to the appropriate product group and don't just brush me off to some public user enthusiasts group.  I have already submitted the question to the Windows eHome forums and have had no response. 

Thank you.

-Randy

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Randy,

No one has been able to obtain an answer on this issue. Microsoft MVP's like myself have not been able to obtain an answer. Frankly, I would not assume this will be fixed. MS killed off internet TV last September and no amount of user pleas changed the situation. MS has stopped development of Media Center.

-- Barb Bowman

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:00 PM