none
Install TASCAM US-122mkII drivers for Windows 7 64-bit?

Question

• Has anyone managed to get the TASCAM US-122mkII audio interface working on Windows 7 64-bit? It worked fine on my old XP machine, and the manual and drivers say that it should work, but I've tried every type of install possible ("Troubleshoot Compatibility" for Vista didn't work, neither did "Run As Administrator"), and I couldn't find any answers on Google or Microsoft support... Thanks for your consideration
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:09 AM

Answers

• Sadly no.  I would petition the TASCAM folks for an update to their drivers, They work fine on 32 bit, no dice on the 64 bit.  I don't know if they are releasing a viable driver, I hear they are making a new card, probably targeted with 64 bit support.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:22 AM

All replies

• Sadly no.  I would petition the TASCAM folks for an update to their drivers, They work fine on 32 bit, no dice on the 64 bit.  I don't know if they are releasing a viable driver, I hear they are making a new card, probably targeted with 64 bit support.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:22 AM
  • So, before I download 500MB, d'you know if it'll work in the XP mode virtual PC?

Thanks for the reply!

Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:25 AM
  • yes. i have the tascam us-122mkii and windows 7 64 bit, and it works, but not without issues. sometimes the audio goes all garbled; sometimes it causes my DAW to freeze when i'm trying to mix or record something... sometimes i get a windows 7 bluescreen of death with a usb error message, and my computer reboots. BUT, it does work (just not well). tascam does have a windows 7 64 bit driver for the us-122mkii, on their site... for all the good it does. they definitely need to figure out a way to make it work better.
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:37 PM