none
fix for Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements has stopped working

All replies

• user="Miss Leah"]

Problem event name: appcrash

app name: syntpenh.exe

Leah

There is not enough information in your post to determine what is happening?

The TouchPad and software driver on the laptop is supported by the manufacturer of the laptop. I suggest you contact them for help.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:13 PM
  • I have the same problem !  (This is a Toshiba Satellite L350-235).  The Touchpad continues to work ok.  Device Manager also reports working OK w/ no conflicts.  It states is it plugged into PS2 mouse port, driver version is 10.1.8.0 06/12/2007.  Arrgghhh Vista ... I wonder what Windows7 will make of this

[I also get the annoying msg that Internet Explorer has stopped working when I close it.  I have removed the various plug-ins that were set as default and the problem seems less frequent but still there.]
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:49 AM
  • I also have the same problem with my Toshiba. What brings it about?
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:42 AM
  • I also have the same exact problem Someone plz answer ASAP!
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:20 PM
  • Download and install the latest drivers for your touchpad from your laptop manufacturer (recommended) or directly from Synaptics.
    • Edited by Emkay1001 Friday, January 08, 2010 5:44 PM Changed link
    Friday, January 08, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Not sure if this is the same problem but the Synaptics Mousepad plugged into PS/2 Port on my laptop suddenly stopped working on my Acer Aspire laptop. Device Manager said it was working ok and the driver was up to date. When I searched support on the Synaptics website it said I shouldn't be using a generic driver as the driver was manufacturer specific. When I searched the Acer website it said there can be a button on the laptop which disables the moursepad and sure enough when I found that it was lit and when I pressed it my mouepad started working again!
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Go to C:/Program Files/Synaptics/SynTP

and click on the file called syntpenh.exe

and it should work again

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:58 AM
  • 先在控制面板中选择卸载,然后重新安装
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:56 AM