none
DVD burner not working - error msg

Question

• I am using window 7 (64bit)

It is reading CDs and DVDs both , also writing CDs but showing this error msg while writing DVDs:

SCSI sense data dump:

Error Code: 0x71, Is Sense Valid: No, Segment Number: 0x00 (0)

Sense Key: 0x03, Reserved: 0x00, Incorrect Length: No

End Of Media: No, File Mark: No, Information: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

Additional Sense Length: 0x0A (10)

Command Specific Information: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

Additional Sense Code (ASC): 0x73, Additional Sense Code Qualifier (ASCQ): 0x04
    Monday, May 02, 2011 4:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suspect the issue is caused by the other application that have a CD/DVD filter driver.

So please kindly check whether you already installed the other burning application.

For details information, Please refer to the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:36 AM

All replies

• I would recommend that you visit the manufacturer's support for a more recent BIOS for the motherboard and update the BIOS.

What's the result?

You can review the Event Viewer Administrative Summary for critical and error events to determine if a driver is causing this problem.

Click Start->type Event Viewer->select it from the results. Click on the + next to critical and error and expand the category. What did you find?

Monday, May 02, 2011 11:01 AM
  • Hi,

I suspect the issue is caused by the other application that have a CD/DVD filter driver.

So please kindly check whether you already installed the other burning application.

For details information, Please refer to the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:36 AM