none
Taking notes using the touch screen & the pen on Windows 7

Question

• Hi, we've just purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad x200 (Tablet) - it comes with a touch screen and a special pen to use on the screen. It's Windows 7. When we try to use it with the pen, a little window opens that is one line tall. One can write there and then it tries to "recognize" what one has written - which, of course, is an issue.
    Question: I want to be able to:
    A. write things WITHOUT Windows 7's trying to "understand" and "decipher" what I've written. 
    B. write on a "whole page" instead of one line - and then save what I've written as a file (maybe as a picture file?)
    C. ideally - be able to open an old document (picture file with my previous notes) and add things to it by writing on the screen.

I have no idea how to do it - could not find anything on the Internet.
    Thanks a lot for any advice!
    Friday, November 20, 2009 7:15 PM

Answers

• Hello dl7631,

I do understand what you need as I have the same usage patterns :).

A very basic app provided by Windows is Sticky Notes. It does not provide all the functionality you are looking for (you can not add pictures, etc...).

A very powerful solution for note-taking is Microsoft Office OneNote. You can jot down notes using the pen or the keyboard. It provides you with notebooks, sections, outlook integration, and much more.

I am not sure whether there is any free alternative out there.

Hope this helps.
    Tarek
    • Proposed as answer by Tarek Ayna Friday, November 20, 2009 9:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dale QiaoModerator Friday, November 27, 2009 3:39 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 9:14 PM