Event ID:      1001
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      PETER
    Description:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000022
    (0x002400d2, 0xb5f174b8, 0xb5f17090, 0x00000000).

I'd searched Google and saw that many people have similar crashes, but I
    couldn't find any related to the DVDRW drives. Plus, I couldn't find any
    solutions either.

I thought this might be a drivers conflict, but I have no idea what it is
    and how to fix it. I'd also upgraded the firmware for my drive to the latest
    version, but this didn't help.

I would appreciate any advice on this. The full logs are below.

Thank you,

Peter

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting

Date:          11/2/2009 9:21:53 PM

Event ID:      1001

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Description:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000022
    (0x002400d2, 0xb5f174b8, 0xb5f17090, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in:
    C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 110209-22604-01.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting"
    Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />

<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-11-03T05:21:53.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>422973</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>PETER</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">0x00000022 (0x002400d2, 0xb5f174b8, 0xb5f17090,
    0x00000000)</Data>

<Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>

<Data Name="param3">110209-22604-01</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date:          11/2/2009 9:21:38 PM

Event ID:      41

Task Category: (63)

Level:         Critical

Keywords:      (2)

User:          SYSTEM

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error
    could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power
    unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"
    Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-11-03T05:21:38.218817100Z" />

<EventRecordID>422957</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>PETER</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">34</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x2400d2</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xb5f174b8</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xb5f17090</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:21 AM

Answers

• From the minidump file the Stop Error was FILE_SYSTEM (22) caused by the solfs.sys.

So it appears the solfs.sys is causing the issue. The solfs.sys (Solid File System Driver) appears to be from ELDOS corporation.

There were two other third party drivers involved in the crash, the MDFSYSNT.sys and the vsdatant.sys.

The  MDFSYSNT.sys appears to be from MacDrive and the vsdatant.sys is from ZoneAlarm.

I would suggest to remove the ELDOS software and see if the problem resolves.

If the problem persists remove MacDrive and, if necessary, ZoneAlarm.

You could, as an alternative, try to obtain updated versions of the solfs.sys and the MDFSYSNT.sys as these drivers are older drivers which may be incompatible with Windows 7.

All three drivers may be clashing on your system.
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 4:24 AM

All replies

• Hi gudzon,

You seem to be experiencing a rather rare bugcheck - stop code 0x22 is "FILE_SYSTEM".  All that the debugging tools state about it is "This bug check appears very infrequently" - no hints as to how one may go about troubleshooting the problem, or even what filesystem may be involved.

Does it matter what disc, if any, is in the drive, when you try to access it?  Do you always meet with such a bugcheck?

Have you ensured that cables are snug, any jumper settings are correct, etc.?

If you boot into safe mode, and try to reproduce the problem, are you able?
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 3:41 AM
  • Thank you.

This is not always happening. Usually, if I use Windows recorder to burn files to the disk, I can do it OK. But sometimes, when, for instance, I'm trying to delete some files that are awaiting to be copied to the DVD, the computer crashes.

Also, it always crashes when I use the third party backup program like Acronis. I've tried at least two brands of DVDs - the result was the same. This seems to be happening only when there is a DVD in the drive.

This problem is rather strange. I'd started having problems with DVD drive when I had Vista. The computer wasn't crashing, I just couldn't record anything to the DVD. The Event viewer had thousands messages like this:

System 
    Source: cdrom 
    Date: 10/20/2009 6:12:48 PM 
    Event ID: 51 
    Level: Warning 
    Keywords: Classic 
    User: N/A 
    Computer: PETER 
    Description: 
    An error was detected on device \Device

\CdRom1 during a paging operation. 

Log Name: System 
    Source: cdrom 
    Date: 10/15/2009 10:27:14 PM 
    Event ID: 7 
    Level: Error 
    Keywords: Classic 
    User: N/A 
    Computer: PETER 
    Description: 
    The device, \Device\CdRom2, has a bad block.

Dell determined that the drive was bad, and replaced it. The messages in the Event viewer disappeared, and I could record DVDs using Windows recorder, but I still couldn't use the third party programs.

Then I upgraded to Windows 7, then the crashes started.

So now I don't know where to look for the solution. Aparently this is related to the DVD drive, but the hardware is OK. Also, this is obviously related to Windows 7, because before the upgrade I had no crashes, although I had some problems with DVD.

I also have no idea what triggered this problem. I was recording DVDs for almost two years on this PC using the same software.

Thank you.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 4:01 AM
  • Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available via Windows Live Skydrive or similar site?
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 5:25 AM
  • Have you ensured that cables are snug, any jumper settings are correct, etc.?

If you boot into safe mode, and try to reproduce the problem, are you able?

Other thoughts include running sfc /scannow, as well as running chkdsk /r on all of your drive partitions.  In addition, check the event logs in Windows 7 - aside from the events referencing the bugchecks, are there any noteworthy or relevant events?

It could a software compatibility issue.  Are you running the latest versions of Acronis and the recording software?

If the Acronis software is uninstalled, do you still experience the problem?  (In the event the Acronis software includes some drivers, the drivers will likely be active even though the actual software you interact with may not be actve; it is these drivers that I would be interested in removing from the equation, and the way to do so s generally to uninstall the software.)
    • Proposed as answer by No.Compromise Thursday, November 05, 2009 11:19 AM
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 10:57 AM
  • Thank you,

I put the minidump file here: http://www.wildrussia.org/files/minidump.zip
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:33 AM
  • Thank you for your suggestions.

It's hard to say about the safe mode, most drivers are disabled, Acronis doesn't really work in safe mode. I don't seem to have this problem.

I have the latest version of Acronis software, and I did have this problem when Acronis was uninstalled. I ran already chkdsk /r.

I'll try some more things.
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:43 AM
  • From the minidump file the Stop Error was FILE_SYSTEM (22) caused by the solfs.sys.

So it appears the solfs.sys is causing the issue. The solfs.sys (Solid File System Driver) appears to be from ELDOS corporation.

There were two other third party drivers involved in the crash, the MDFSYSNT.sys and the vsdatant.sys.

The  MDFSYSNT.sys appears to be from MacDrive and the vsdatant.sys is from ZoneAlarm.

I would suggest to remove the ELDOS software and see if the problem resolves.

If the problem persists remove MacDrive and, if necessary, ZoneAlarm.

You could, as an alternative, try to obtain updated versions of the solfs.sys and the MDFSYSNT.sys as these drivers are older drivers which may be incompatible with Windows 7.

All three drivers may be clashing on your system.
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 4:24 AM
  • Thank you.

I do have ZoneAlarm, never had any problems with it.

I've never had MacDrive or anything from ELDOS, so I don't really know what to remove and where these drivers came from.

I've checked http://www.eldos.com/ - it seems that they are working with encryption. I wonder if BitLocker that is a part of Windows Ultimate has something to do with it. BitLocker is off on all my drives, so I'm not sure what to do about it.

By the way, just burned two DVDs using Nero 8 - had no problem. So it seems that Acronis is involved somehow in this.
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 4:39 AM
  • Bitlocker should not be involved in this at all.

There are other "Eldos" drivers on your system such as the cbfs.sys, soldisk.sys and elrawdsk.sys.

Perhaps some other program installed these drivers.

Do you have any programs that would create virtual drives?
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 5:28 AM
  • I used to have Paragon EasyCD Creator 2009, I used to have one virtual DVD that I created with this program. Then I uninstalled it using Revo Uninstaller, so it should be a pretty clean uninstall. I wonder how can I get rid of these drivers.

Thank you.
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:02 PM
  • Can you check the installed programs and see if there is/are any entries for "Callback File System", "RawDisk" or "Solid File System".

Does this folder exist?:

C:\Program Files\EldoS

Thursday, November 05, 2009 4:29 PM
  • No, there are no such programs and such folder. I've also searched the registry just in case - nothing. Thanks.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 2:21 AM
  • What I'd found though in the registry are the references to the Elrawdisk and the driver Elrawdisk.sys in C:\Windows\System32. I've looked at the description in Google - it says: 

elrawdsk.sys
    ELRAWDSK.SYS is related to RawDisk Driver.
    Manufacturer: EldoS Corporation
    http://www.eldos.com/

So this might be it.

Would it be safe to delete this driver and remove all references to Elrawdisk in the registry?

Thank you.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 2:31 AM
  • I'd suggest setting the start-type of the driver to 4, which is "disabled".  In regedit, navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ELRAWDSK] (note that ELRAWDSK may not be the precise name, but it should be close).  On the right-hand side, note the current data of the Start value.  Then change it to 4 and reboot.

In the event that you can't find ELRAWDSK in the Services key, select the Services key and search for ELRAWDSK.SYS.  When it is found, note the path it is found it - what is the text after "Services"?  Perform the change to the Start value there, and reboot.

After rebooting, verify that the driver isn't loaded by executing the following command from a CMD prompt:
      sc query elrawdsk 
    (or whatever you found in the registry if elrawdsk was not in the Services key)

Note the value of the "State" property.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 12:00 PM
  • Also, could you check the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder and see if you can locate the following files?:

solfs.sys
    MDFSYSNT.sys
    cbfs.sys
    soldisk.sys

These drivers, especially the solfs.sys, should be disabled.

No.Compromise has given a good suggestion concerning disabling the files using the registry.

However, it should be safe to disable these files by either renaming the .sys extension on the files to something like .old (eg solfs.sys to solfs.old) or drag the files from the C:\Windows\System32\drivers to another location.

This deletes the files and at the same time backs them up.

Then restart the computer and confirm the files have not been recreated.

Check the System Log of the Event Viewer for any errors concerning  services related to these files not starting.

Friday, November 06, 2009 2:24 PM
  • Thank you very much everybody, I'll try all this tonight. No, I couldn't find any other drivers in the System32 directory.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 3:02 PM
  • Good luck!
     No, I couldn't find any other drivers in the System32 directory.

But, just to make sure, the folder the drivers are located in is the System32/drivers folder.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 3:24 PM
  • Thank you, I'll check this again. elrawdsk.sys was in the System32 folder, so I missed your note about the System32/drivers folder.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 4:15 PM
  • My concern with deleting / renaming the files was that in the event something in the registry referenced the file, and it was marked as required for boot, a system restore may have been required (vs. at worst, a LKGC boot with the registry change).
    Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:28 AM
  • I'd found all these drivers in the drivers folder. Then I'd found all these applications in the registry and disabled them, as you suggested. Restarted the computer, checked these applications using sc query - they were stopped. No errors in the event log.

Tried to record a DVD using Acronis, and - guess what? - no crashes! I still couldn't burn a DVD, but this is already Acronis problem, I could burn a DVD using Nero and Windows DVD recorder. That's fine, the main thing is that there are no crashes anymore! I hope it will stay this way. At least now I know where to look for the problem. I wish I knew where I'd got these drivers from.

Thank you very much for all your suggestions, they worked and helped me a lot!
    Saturday, November 07, 2009 2:41 AM

• hi,

i am also facing same problem but not from the DVD drive , while i am using the internet its restarting automatically then i checked in eventviewer i got the same below message 

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8004638010, 0xfffff88004037cb0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 081013-26972-01.<o:p></o:p>

Kindly help me to solve the issue

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:41 AM
  • 0x116 = GPU issue. Try other graphic card drivers.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:31 AM