none
"the video playback device does not support playback of protected content"

Question

• I'm constantly getting "the video playback device does not support playback of protected content" error message when I try to watch TV in Windows Media Center. Sometimes, non-HD channels work but HD channels never work. I've googled some solutions but they don't work either. One of them is that I should change my monitor resolution to 1920x1080 instead of my monitor's optimal resolution of 1920x1200. When I switch back and forth, the non-HD channels show up but the HD channels don't work. I've also updated all my drivers for my video card and the Ceton Card. My current PC setup is Windows 7 x64 with 4GB RAM Core 2 Duo E8500 running at 3.16GHz. My video card is an AMD/ATI HD 6800 with 1GB of GDDR5 VRAM running at 1,000MHz with the Core Clock running at 775MHz. I'm pretty good with computers and I'm stumped with why this isn't working. One other piece of information is that I have an XBOX 360 that I use as a media center extender and all channels work fine on the XBOX. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks in advance for your help with this matter.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For Windows Media Center relater problem, I suggest to contact Media Center expert Forum for further help:

http://experts.windows.com/frms/default.aspx

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:14 AM