none
We were unable to copy your files, please check your USB device....Windows 7 DVD/USB download tool

Question

• Hi all, I recently upgraded to windows 8 on my Lenovo Y570 computer but Lenovo has yet to release some vital drivers for winodws 8, so I would like to revert. I found a clean install guide for my laptop. I tried that and when I booted into the disk it gave me the error "a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing" after exhausting that, finding absolutely no solution other than to find the RAID drivers for my computer, which I was unsuccessful at. I then downloaded the Microsoft Windows 7 DVD/USB tool to try and boot from my 4GB PNY usb drive. It gets to about 98% and then gives me the error "We were unable to copy your files, please check your USB device and the selected ISO and try again." Tried what seemed to work for most people where you go into Diskpart and clean the disk and format it as fat32, didn't work for me. At 98% it still gives me the dreaded error. If anyone can please relieve me of all these problems please do so! Thanks for your replies in advance.

Yet another error (god help me). In attempt to link to the guide it tells me I need to verify my account first. If you need the guide to help diagnostics just Google "Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Clean Install Guide"  click on the first link, and there should be a link in the OP to the guide. (its a vbulliten forum)

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:18 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your help. I already checked the Lenovo website, the driver "Energy Management" is not compatible with the touch sensitive button on my laptop, therefor the fan on my laptop is stuck at low RPM and gets hot fast, preventing me from gaming. The only reason I was able to keep windows 8 on my laptop for so long was because of a mod I found that allows the RPM to be set, but that only worked for a little while. The problem seemed to be with the ISO file I downloaded. I tried a different Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ISO from digital river and that seemed to work just fine.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:13 AM

All replies

• The first thing I would do is try a different USB drive.
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:27 PM
  • Your driver solution is located on the Lenovo Support website: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?  Lenovo has posted for download all drivers needed for your laptop.  The manufacturer's website is the first place you should look for drivers.  You will have to enter the information about the model of your laptop.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:21 PM
  • Thanks for your help. I already checked the Lenovo website, the driver "Energy Management" is not compatible with the touch sensitive button on my laptop, therefor the fan on my laptop is stuck at low RPM and gets hot fast, preventing me from gaming. The only reason I was able to keep windows 8 on my laptop for so long was because of a mod I found that allows the RPM to be set, but that only worked for a little while. The problem seemed to be with the ISO file I downloaded. I tried a different Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ISO from digital river and that seemed to work just fine.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:13 AM