none
Blue Screen Dump Files - Help is appreciated - Windows 7 64-bit

Question

• I have a new PC that I just finished building.  I can start up just fine, and i have the majority of my programs loaded, but I get random BSOD (blue screen core dumps). 4 of the dmp files are on my sky drive at:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E3F64322C366FDAC!181&authkey=!AHzXWZncC0H7wcw

I would assume there is a driver or dll acting up.  Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

I have run the memory check, which passed.

Thanks for any suggestions

Bob

Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:29 PM

Answers

• The Stop 0x0000007A (KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR) indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
    Two DMP file report a 0xC000000E error code, two others report the 0xC000009D (STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED) error code: in both the cases, the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.

Check your disk for errors: open a command prompt windows and run the following command

chkdsk /f /r

STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk: verify that the computer's hardware is properly connected and that the Device Manager does not report any hardware related error.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

• Marked as answer by Vanteer Friday, June 22, 2012 12:36 AM
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Luigi & Ron,

Thanks so much for your assistance.  I have my system set up this way:

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, Intel i7-3770, 16G Memory, all running at normal speed, no overclocking....., MSI Graphics card.

2 2TB  SATA III Drives setup in a (Intel) RAID 1, 6G Intel ports), with disk partitions C:, then 3  other partitions for my Data, pictures and Media.

Then a Vertex4 128G SSD SATA III (connected to the 6G Marvell port).  I figured that my system would run smoother if I reduced the paging file on C to the min, then added a 32G max page file on the Vertex4.  Seems like there is some issue with the SSD drive, and that fits, as one of the reboots told me the system needed to run chkdsk on the vertex4 drive, and there seemed to be issues that it cleaned up. 

I also loaded my Adobe CS5 on the vertex4 drive. and pointed all the cache files to that drive, PS, Bridge, Firefox and Explorer.

I did have my power setting to turn off hard disks after 20 min.  Wonder if the system did not like that.  I just changed the power settings to "never" turn off the disks.

Thoughts?

Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:10 PM

All replies

• On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 13:29:49 +0000, Vanteer wrote:

>
    >
    >I have a new PC that I just finished building.  I can start up just fine, and i have the majority of my programs loaded, but I get random BSOD (blue screen core dumps). 4 of the dmp files are on my sky drive at:
    >
    >
    >I would assume there is a driver or dll acting up.  Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >I have run the memory check, which passed.
    >
    >Thanks for any suggestions
    >
    >Bob

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in, but I see

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

in all of your minidump files, so I would look there first; especially with a new build.

Ron
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 3:29 PM
  • The Stop 0x0000007A (KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR) indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
    Two DMP file report a 0xC000000E error code, two others report the 0xC000009D (STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED) error code: in both the cases, the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.

Check your disk for errors: open a command prompt windows and run the following command

chkdsk /f /r

STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk: verify that the computer's hardware is properly connected and that the Device Manager does not report any hardware related error.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Luigi & Ron,

Thanks so much for your assistance.  I have my system set up this way:

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, Intel i7-3770, 16G Memory, all running at normal speed, no overclocking....., MSI Graphics card.

2 2TB  SATA III Drives setup in a (Intel) RAID 1, 6G Intel ports), with disk partitions C:, then 3  other partitions for my Data, pictures and Media.

Then a Vertex4 128G SSD SATA III (connected to the 6G Marvell port).  I figured that my system would run smoother if I reduced the paging file on C to the min, then added a 32G max page file on the Vertex4.  Seems like there is some issue with the SSD drive, and that fits, as one of the reboots told me the system needed to run chkdsk on the vertex4 drive, and there seemed to be issues that it cleaned up. 

I also loaded my Adobe CS5 on the vertex4 drive. and pointed all the cache files to that drive, PS, Bridge, Firefox and Explorer.

I did have my power setting to turn off hard disks after 20 min.  Wonder if the system did not like that.  I just changed the power settings to "never" turn off the disks.

Thoughts?

Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:10 PM
  • I did have my power setting to turn off hard disks after 20 min.  Wonder if the system did not like that.  I just changed the power settings to "never" turn off the disks.

Thoughts?

Both of us have suggested you test your hard drives.  What were the results when you ran Luigi's test?  What were the results when you re-examined your cabling and re-set the SSD?

In addition, the HD mfg will have a testing program on their web site to properly check your Hard drives.  You need to run that on all of your drives.

I have my hard drives set to turn off also, on several different machines, and that has never caused a problem.

Ron

Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:13 PM
  • BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7a_c000009d

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7a_c000000e

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

Here is one discussion and one KB article as well as one blog can be referred to.

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR WIN 7 x64

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/a8bc4589-43e8-4df8-ba15-e725284858fc/

You receive various Stop error messages in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2 when you try to resume a computer that has a large SATA hard disk

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178

Troubleshooting 0x0000007A

http://mikemstech.blogspot.com/2011/12/troubleshooting-0x0000007a.html

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:12 AM
  •  Thank you for sharing the mini dump folder. Please consider the below points

• Please use your windows setup CD. Select repair your computer option.Select start up repair
    • Open the command prompt execute the command chkdsk /r.
    • Recheck your hard disk cable and HDD status. 
    • Use any HDD tune utility to check the health of a HDD
    • Update your motherboard drivers with latest one.(Refer vendor website for latest drivers)
    • Your motherboard model: P8Z77-V DELUXE
    • Download link

http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z77V_DELUXE/#download

Select windows 7 64 bit and select the drivers from the list.

Regards Jinish.K.G|HCL Infosystems LTD

Monday, June 18, 2012 11:18 AM
  • Thanks for everyone's suggestions.  I do appreciate it.

I have rechecked my cables and drive connections.  All are good and tight.

I have completed running chkdsk on all partitions of the 2TB drive, and on the SSD drive.  All reported NO ERRORS.

So far, i have not had the BSOD since I modified the power settings to never turn off the disks.  I am leaning towards the issue being having the main page file on the SSD, and perhaps the power setting powering it down.

I will be running more tests, (large file transfers, sleeps, and hibernates) to see if my system is now stable. 

Bob

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:14 PM
  • So far, so good.  I will mark this thread as answered.  I have copied 3-4 hundred GB's of data around, in and out of sleeps, seems all is stable now.  No changes to the system since the other day when i disabled the power down for my drives.

Thanks to all for your help.  Pointing me to the disk error was extremely helpful.

Bob

Friday, June 22, 2012 12:35 AM