none
CardScan Software and Scanner

Question

• I have used CardScan Softweare with the CardScan 800c business card scanner. I am however not able to install and use the scanner. When using the respective function inthe software,the scanner on the USB-Port can not be found.

Any Hints? I have tried in vain to find information about my problem here and elswhere.

HW: FSC T5010, Windows 7 RC 32-bit.

Yours
    Kai

Friday, July 17, 2009 11:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Kai

It appears that the only drivers/software for this device are made for Windows Vista. When you install the scanner are you using the compatibility mode for the drivers/software?

HOW TO: Install a Software Application using Compatibility Mode

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

CardScan Support Search

Contact CardScan Support

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:45 PM
  • Thank you very much fopr your help. Made several attempts to install the software in Vista-Compatibility mode. I also tried to run the software in several different compatibility modes. Unfortunately still the CardScan Software does not finde the 800c scanner, when attached to the USB-Port.

Yours
    Kai Furmans
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Hello Kai Furmans,

I was also having similar problem with CardScan 700c but my OS is Windows 7 x64.

But I was able to install the required driver as per the instruction for XP 64 at http://www.cardscan.com/support/supportdocs/tech_doc.asp?doc=scanners/91004.asp

You may try to install the required driver from cardscan installation directory (eg., C:\Program Files\Corex\CardScan\System\Drivers )

Hope this should help you.

Best regards

T Asif
    • Proposed as answer by Annie_in_Texas Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:10 AM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:19 AM
  • install "windows xp mode".

worked for me, has to be professional or windows 7 ultimate.

kerley de barros
    Friday, May 28, 2010 8:54 PM
  • Right click over the executevel and click Run as admnistrator

kerley de barros
    Thursday, August 05, 2010 6:11 PM
  • Dear T Asif,

I also have the exact same problem with CardScan 700c and OS Windows 7 x64. I followed the procedure from the cardscan support url you supplied. However, after copying cdscn700c_x64.inf to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corex\CardScan\System\Drivers, I don't know how to install or run this file. If I open the CardScan program and go through the scanner setup wizard, I still get the same error messaage, that the scanner is not detected. What did you do next?  Thank you.

Friday, January 07, 2011 11:42 PM
  • I have was having trouble loading the CardScan 700c with a new computer running Windows 7 x64. Your suggestion was very helpful. The Windows software was still unable to locate and load the driver from the drivers folder, but I was able to manually instruct Device Manager to look for the new driver in the location where I had copied it, and it loaded the CardScan scanner, which is now operable.

Thanks for the help.

misterblint

Saturday, March 12, 2011 9:22 PM
  • Windows 7 does not recognize the cdsccan-x64.inf file (or whatever it is called) as a valid driver file.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:48 AM
  • Where can I get the cdsccan-x64.inf file as the cardscan website no longer has it posted?
    • Edited by Jscholl24 Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:40 PM
    Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:40 PM
  • Yes.

Where can we find it ?

Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:05 PM
  • Yes, does anyone have the Windows XP 64 bit driver? CardScan does not have it on their website anymore.
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:59 AM
  • Click this link and check out BrianJonesORU's posting on Feb 2nd, 2012... He's posted a link to these drivers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/cardscan-executive-700c-usb-scanner-compatible/44551e97-9393-43e4-9471-17c78a97f422

Robert Kszan

Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:25 PM