none
Windows 7 Installation Disk does not complete installation, Computer completely unable to boot up

Question

• I was getting the lates upgrade from microsoft.  The computer rebooted goes to a black screen and stays there. CTRL-ALT-DEL worked to try to reboot again but the same thing happened.   SO I put in the windows 7 disk to restore and that diskgets stuck while the windows logo is on the screen pulsating and has stayed there for seven hours what can I do?   I have a a SSD Harddrive to boot from, and I have an Application Drive and a RAID 10 two video cards and two monitors.    Any ideas what I can try?

Mark

Monday, April 04, 2011 1:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Ok I have 4 windows install disk the two 64 bit ones hang and the two 32 bit ones start correctly but I do not continue because I do not want to install the 32 bit
    Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:18 AM
  • Hi,

Please unplug all unnecessary hardware, insert Windows 7 64bit installation disk, perform an in-place upgrade:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 05, 2011 7:30 AM