none
Microsoft Software Virus

Question

• While downloading music at Limewire, McAfee detected 3 worms 2 got detected and somehow one got in. at restart the next day my home screen was black should be blue.and i got a message that reads "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.this copy of windows did not pass genuine windows validation.it's asking me to buy the software for $149.00 what should i do.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:20 PM

Answers

• Hi

i got a message that reads "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.this copy of windows did not pass genuine windows validation.it's asking me to buy the software for $149.00 what should i do.

This is NOT a message from Microsoft or any other legitimate company. It is a scam.

You are the victim of a malicous program that has infected your computer as a result of using Limewire. Limewire and other peer to peer download software are a major source of virus and other infections.

Go to the following website.

Microsoft PCSafety Help and Support is intended for the home user. PCSafety helps customers remove malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted software), and adware. This is a free, no-charge service from Microsoft.

Email and Chat Support is available.

PC Safety No-Charge, Unlimited Support.:
    https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Monday, December 01, 2008 12:56 AM