none
How i can uninstall Directx 11 ??

Question

• Hi everyone!
    I got some problems with directx 11 running modern warfare 2 game on win 7 ultimate x64 os.
    I'm trying to find a solution and i would like to test the game with directx 9.0c but i don't know how i can uninstall the directx 11.
    Anyones know how i can uninstall it??
    Thankyou!!
    Bye
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DirectX 11 is preinstalled on Windows 7 and I am afraid it cannot be removed separately.

I would like to know what exact error is received when running this game.

DirectX issue can be caused by outdated drivers. I suggest updating Video card driver to the latest version first.

If the issue persists, try DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer which provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX. Here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

If the issue persists, this game may be not compatible with Windows 7, I suggest contacting its distributor to confirm it.

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, November 27, 2009 8:58 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

DirectX 11 is preinstalled on Windows 7 and I am afraid it cannot be removed separately.

DirectX issue can be caused by outdated drivers. I suggest updating Video card driver to the latest version first.

If the issue persists, try DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer which provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX. Here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

If the issue persists, this game may be not compatible with Windows 7, I suggest contacting its distributor to confirm it.

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, November 27, 2009 8:58 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Hi Vivian,
    thanks for your reply..
    The game is ModernWarfare 2 and here you can see the error (as you can see,all the text of the game are incomprehensible).

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7203/codmw2z.jpg

I also tried on XP with directx9.0c and it works fine!
    I have also the last video drivers and i don't think about the game is not compatible with win 7...
    Waitin for your reply..
    Thank you
    Regards
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:58 AM
  • Hi,

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT

Hi Vivian,

I'm having all sorts of problems trying to get Flight Simulator X running under W7 x64 Pro.  Like many others, I get the 'Fatal Error' and FSX restarts.  I've performed numerous reinstalls & formats.  All drivers are the latest W7 compliant.  There are no temperature or hardware issues.  Annoyingly, the RC ran flawlessly from Jan - Oct.

The reason for hijacking this thread is, I tried to run the above tool (as Admin) and get an error window -

DXError.log contains:

--------------------
    [11/28/09 19:56:44] module: DXWSetup(Sep  4 2009), file: dxwsetup.cpp, line: 219, function: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine

Sections are not initialized.

--------------------
    [11/28/09 19:56:44] module: DXWSetup(Sep  4 2009), file: psheets.cpp, line: 472, function: PreinstDlgProc

CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine() failed.

-----------------------

Any help appreciated.

--Dean
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:30 PM
  • Hi ,
    i'm having some problems with directx 11..here's the thing, i've got a hd4830 512 mb,running under w7x64 ultimate..since i ve installed the os ,i have played with no problems grid,mw2,borderlands...after i have tried to play dirt 2,and,i supposed,the game setup installed me directx 11, in games like grid,and borderlands  the sound it's hearing in stereo sistem,or many channels, i don't know...in the menu it's ok,but in the game not. i have updated my audio/video drivers (audigy creative) and no effect.
    I want to go back to my previous directx...i think it was 10.Can you help me? Thank you

Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:01 PM
  • Hi ,
    i'm having some problems with directx 11..here's the thing, i've got a hd4830 512 mb,running under w7x64 ultimate..since i ve installed the os ,i have played with no problems grid,mw2,borderlands...after i have tried to play dirt 2,and,i supposed,the game setup installed me directx 11, in games like grid,and borderlands  the sound it's hearing in stereo sistem,or many channels, i don't know...in the menu it's ok,but in the game not. i have updated my audio/video drivers (audigy creative) and no effect.
    I want to go back to my previous directx...i think it was 10.Can you help me? Thank you

Hi i tryed to play Rome total war and a message poped up saying that i must reinstall directx the same happened with google earth buti cant uninstall directx 11 plz help someone

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:34 AM
  • DirectX 11 cannot be unistalled from Windows 7.  It is part of Windows 7.  I suspect you have some other problem with your system.  I am running Windows 7 64-bit and Google Earth runs without any problem.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:34 PM
  • This is problematic, as I have TWO games that the developers are blaming directx11 for the problems.  Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Just Cause 2.  (Ok, in actuality, I cant even get a RESPONSE back from the JC2 people, but I worked for a week with EA until they gave up)  My installs have been blamed, my computer has been blamed, the OS has been blamed, the 64-bit portion of the OS has been blamed, the computer manufacturer has been blamed, Nvidia has been blamed, the download was blamed, until I told them it was a disc and the flawless disk was blamed, and no one is willing to take responsibility to fix this issue.

My older games run just fine.  It's the two new titles that are supposed to be Dx10 and 11 compatible that don't.  They don't even give an error message, just close as if someone hit alt-f4.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:46 PM
  • im having the same " this application requires directx 8.1 or better"

and i have directx11 installed but it tells me that i have directx 6 installed!

Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:40 AM
  • I'm encountering a similar issue in World of Warcraft.  Since patch 4.0, the game crashes almost immediately upon login.  However, if I run the game in opengl mode, it runs flawlessly for hours on end.
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:34 AM
  • when i go to the direct x diagnostic tool, and click on display, the directdraw accleration , direct3d acceleration and the agp texture acceleration is written as not avaliable, is there anyway to allow them to be enabled??? 
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 9:18 AM
  • when i go to the direct x diagnostic tool, and click on display, the directdraw accleration , direct3d acceleration and the agp texture acceleration is written as not avaliable, is there anyway to allow them to be enabled??? 

These are a report of what DX Diag has found in your system.  If your video card meets the specs, then you need to check you video driver.  You don't turn them on/off.  They are enabled if your hardware meets the swpecs and you have the correct video driver installed.  If not they are disabled.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 12:17 PM
  • Definate problem with DirectX.  Mine just stopped working recently.  DXDIAG says Direct3D is unavailable, never had this before.  Drivers all up to date.  If someone knows of a fix, please let us know.
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:54 PM
  • Definate problem with DirectX.  Mine just stopped working recently.  DXDIAG says Direct3D is unavailable, never had this before.  Drivers all up to date.  If someone knows of a fix, please let us know.

To start with I suggest you learn how to participate in forums and start your own thread!

It is not acceptable etiguette to hang a post that is not related to the original subject.

The original subject is:  How i can uninstall Directx 11 ?? NOT Definite problem with DriectX!

And, if you had searched the internet you would have discovered Microsoft has already published Knowledge Base articel on this with possible solutions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:32 PM
  • i'have the same problem with bioshock 1,the game play's fine but i have no sound when the game starts,and i have also windows 7 i think the problem is direct x 11,hase someone a solution to this problem?thanks  
    Friday, April 22, 2011 2:16 PM
  • i'have the same problem with bioshock 1,the game play's fine but i have no sound when the game starts,and i have also windows 7 i think the problem is direct x 11,hase someone a solution to this problem?thanks  

Then you contact the publisher of the game and report you are having problems with it on Windows 7!

Microsoft is not going to modify DirectX11.

The publishers of the games have to write the code for their games so that thier games are compatible with Windows 7 and DirectX11!

Friday, April 22, 2011 7:39 PM

To start with I suggest you learn how to participate in forums and start your own thread!

It is not acceptable etiguette to hang a post that is not related to the original subject.

The original subject is:  How i can uninstall Directx 11 ?? NOT Definite problem with DriectX!

And, if you had searched the internet you would have discovered Microsoft has already published Knowledge Base articel on this with possible solutions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660

Well hold on just a minute there Pal, *I* would suggest *YOU* learn how to participate in forums as the 'Microsoft Community Contributor' all your fancy 'medals' suggest!! To me, it is not acceptable etiquette to blast someone for chiming in with their unique problems WHICH BTW, *ARE* related to this original thread!! Jeez, if a person gets treated like by some uppity A@@-HOLE just for coming here for answers, count me out!! Seeya Mr Know-It-All, Have-No-Tact!! ;-) 
    • Proposed as answer by AvenZ Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:52 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by AvenZ Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:53 AM
    Friday, July 01, 2011 2:49 AM
  • the issue appear to be that in anything less than Windows 7, DirectX is labeld as dp****X.dll and anything older than Windows 7 is labeled as DP****.Dll ~ Simply put, in DirectX 11 they seem to have added a letter to all their files - and anything that is looking for the old file name is screwed.

I am currently trying to get Doom 98 TCP Connection - Direct. to work and the DPWSock.Dll is named DPWSockX.dll in windows 7 - but it runs fine on XP where it is actually called DPWSock.dll.

this is a fundamental compatibility issue that is directly cause by DirectX.

• Proposed as answer by AvenZ Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:57 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:56 AM
  • http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/dota2crash.png/

i've install the directx end-user runtime, but still, this image above is the problem. help pls

Friday, May 11, 2012 3:13 PM
  • Rick Dee you are a meatball.  The publishers are not the one to blame, the problem is most graphic cards do not support direct x 11. If you have a gforce graphics card go to http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx11/supported-gpus this will let you know what cards support direct x 11.  The only other option is to use an older version of windows.
    • Edited by dnickp Sunday, September 09, 2012 7:24 AM
    Sunday, September 09, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Rick Dee you are a meatball.  The publishers are not the one to blame, the problem is most graphic cards do not support direct x 11. If you have a gforce graphics card go to http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx11/supported-gpus this will let you know what cards support direct x 11.  The only other option is to use an older version of windows.

Apparently you're not the brightest star in the sky!

If you would have read the OP before making such an accusation, you would have realized the OP apparently has a current video card that does support directX11, but it is the game that seems to be causing the problem.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Instructions

<section>

Click "Start," right-click "Computer" and select "Properties." The System Properties window opens.

Click "System Protection" in the left pane of the System Properties window.

Click "C:Drive" under Protection Settings, and then click "Configure."

Click "Turn Off System Protection," then click "OK," and then click "OK" again. This will prevent Windows from reinstalling DirectX automatically once you reboot after you uninstall it.

Click "Start," type "regedit" into the "Search" box, and press "Enter." The Registry Editor opens.

Click the "Arrow" next to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" in the left pane of the Registry Editor. A list of folders appears.

Click the "Arrow" next to the "Software" folder in the left pane of the Registry Editor. A new list of folders appears.

Click the "Arrow" next to the "Microsoft" folder in the left pane of the Registry Editor. A new list of folders appears.

Right-click the "DirectX" folder and select "Delete."

Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.

</section>

Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:00 PM
  • Hello,  I am having the same problem trying to run War Thunder. It tells me that my computer doesn't support Direct x 11 & direct X 9 will be used. I click Ok and get a further error message from Gaijin -..\..\prog\engine2\drvDX9\detect.cpp.185. I do not know what this means, I cannot find ant ref. to it anywhere and also cannot find where directX is installed. The game was running last night at 10:30pm and this morning at 10:30 I got these messages, I have re started com. a few times ,but to no avail.

i will have a look at your link above and see if it helps and will let you know if Ok.

Regards, BillP

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:33 AM