none
IP routing between networks

Question

• Hi guys I have a small problem I'm hoping someone can help with, basically I use some linksys VPN routers to join my two networks which are in different geographical locations the system works fine however the internet link is painfully slow so obviously we suffer over the VPN

I have recently had a wireless link installed line of sight over the 30miles or so and the connection speed is phenominal and I want this connection to route all 10.0.0.0 and 10.0.1.0 traffic leaving the internet gateway as it is, I have configured the routers as per my drawing but I can't seem to get it to work and have had to put the vpn back on to get the traffic running. If i put my laptop direct into the link then I can connect happily to the remote network.

What am i doing wrong?

Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:03 PM

All replies

•   If the VPN still works, you must have an existing static route on each router to send the traffic through the VPN link. You would need to disable that or increase its metric so that it did not take preference over the static route directing the traffic through the wireless link.

Bill

Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:43 PM
  • thanks bill, I should have mentioned that I've already taken the VPN down and added static routes, if I plug the cable that comes from the wireless link into my laptop i can connect fine however when plugged into my cisco it wont negotaite and the port stays amber
    Friday, March 08, 2013 9:29 AM