none
Open email stored on a flash drive

Question

• I downloaded Emails into a flash drive to save for printing later. I now have tried to open them and internet explorer is blocking the content, i went into sec-settings and if i change them to allow active content,I cannot reverse the settings in my computer.  How can I open these Emails to print and read????

Thank You:

Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:47 PM

Answers

• Milos;

Please bear with me as I really am not computer savi, I use hotmail on my Dell. To be more specific, I do use Outlook, and I downloaded about 100 Emails into a PNY 4gb, I was told this would give me plenty of room. When I go to open the flash drive, it comes Internet  Explorer has blocked content, I have tried everything I can think of to open these files, with no luck. All I want to do is print these most important Emails. I do not want to alter the security profile in my computer, and can only think of one other solution, to go to a print source that does not use a computer to open them. If there is anything you can suggest "I'm all ears" When I open the flash drive, I can see the individule files listed, just can't open them.

Thanks for your interest;

Mike:

Not Cool,

What about just opening up your IE properties, setting the sliders in "Privacy" and "Security" all the way down low(no risk/show all) and then trying...its not a permanent setting...just re-adjust when you're done with your emails.

Seasons Greetings

horatio

horatio

Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:09 AM

All replies

• Could you specify in more detailes your configuration. What e-mail client do you use. If it is Outlook, then refer to Outlook specific forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/threads

For nonprofessionals there is better platform

answers.microsoft.com

Rgds

Milos

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Milos;

Please bear with me as I really am not computer savi, I use hotmail on my Dell. To be more specific, I do use Outlook, and I downloaded about 100 Emails into a PNY 4gb, I was told this would give me plenty of room. When I go to open the flash drive, it comes Internet  Explorer has blocked content, I have tried everything I can think of to open these files, with no luck. All I want to do is print these most important Emails. I do not want to alter the security profile in my computer, and can only think of one other solution, to go to a print source that does not use a computer to open them. If there is anything you can suggest "I'm all ears" When I open the flash drive, I can see the individule files listed, just can't open them.

Mike:

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Milos;

Mike:

Not Cool,

What about just opening up your IE properties, setting the sliders in "Privacy" and "Security" all the way down low(no risk/show all) and then trying...its not a permanent setting...just re-adjust when you're done with your emails.

Seasons Greetings

horatio

horatio

Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:09 AM