none
Annoying taskbar-blinking

Question

• When I do a chat in e.g. Communicator and a person responds, why do the taskbar blink when I already have the window active? It's very annoying.
    • Edited by HAL07 Friday, August 14, 2009 10:27 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

For further troubleshooting, may I ask some questions:

1.What is the edition of Communicator?

2.Does this issue occur with other communicating applications such as Windows Live Messenger? Have you tried communicate with another person and see if the issue occurs?

3.Are there any other applications running while you use communicator? There may be conflicts between communicator and other applications that infects the desktop UI.

BTW, please also refer to Office Communicator 2007 Solution Center for method.

Best Regards.

Dale Qiao

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:58 AM
  • I have the same "osicillation". I get it sometimes when I am viewing video training via CBTnuggets website. This is through the newest IE. It also happened before the upgrage. I found that if I click the taskbar while it is happening it stops.

Other applications have caused this as well, but I don't recall which ones cause it.

New laptop
    ASUS
    running intel DC-2.0Ghz
    Intel intergrated graphics not sure the model.
    3.0G DDR2 RAM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:31 PM
  • When I do a chat in e.g. Communicator and a person responds, why do the taskbar blink when I already have the window active? It's very annoying.

I have this same thing occurr with any windows based screen is displayed (Internet Explorer 8 or Windows Explorer). Very annoying and I cant make it stop. I did not have this problem with Vista on this machine.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:45 PM
  • Hi,

Do you enable Aero Glass on your computer? Please try to set to Windows Classic theme and see if the issue occurs. If it is the case, you'd better run Aero troubleshooter to automatically detect the problem and fix it.

Best Regards.
    Dale Qiao

• Marked as answer by Dale QiaoModerator Friday, September 04, 2009 4:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by HAL07 Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:08 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:55 AM
  • I don't get it. Sometimes when I have a window open, and I select another window, suddenly the old window starts blinking.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

Sometimes this behavior may occur if either of the following is true:

1. You open a window and it is initializing at the same time you switch to another window. While the previous window is initialized completely, it blinks to remind you that it has been opened. 
    2. Two processes are written to system memory at the same time with the same trigger.
    3. The virtual memory is limited.

To troubleshoot this kind of conflict, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1. Enlarge virtual memory.

1) Press Win +Break and click Advanced System Settings
    2) Click Advanced and click Settings under Performance.
    3) Click Advanced and click Change under Virtual memory.
    4) Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
    5) Check Custom size and type numbers for Initial Size and Maximum size (I prefer to use 3000)

2. Run Disk Cleanup utility to delete redundant system files.
    3. Run sfc /scannow to automatically scan the whole system files and fix corrupted ones.

Best Regards
    Dale

Thursday, October 08, 2009 3:34 AM
  • i suggest microsoft write some kind of cleanup for this. i find it very annoying. windows blinking even if you have them opened and active is my number one annoyance right now.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 2:10 PM
  • I also have this problem. IE v8.0.7600 and it blinks on and off constantly. 4 GB RAM. Virtual memory = 3062. It seems random ... sometimes the whole page would blink and sometimes it the advertising on the side. Recent websites were yahoo.com, sportsline.com.
    Saturday, November 07, 2009 10:48 PM