none
WMA Files not playing in Windows 7

General discussion

• Hello all, up until about 4 days ago, I was using iMesh Music Downloader to download music. This music that is downloaded from iMesh is in WMA format. Now iTunes does not recognize WMA. So I play (well I used to) play it through Windows Media Player. Until 4 days ago I tried to play a WMA file and the following message pops up "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file".  I uninstalled and reinstalled iMesh. This is not the problem. I have old and newly downloaded WMA files. And none of them play.  I am not sure what has changed since that day these issues occured.  I talked to HP (which is the type of Laptop I have) HP Pavilion G7.  They told me to turn off Windows Media Player and restart and put it back on, also I was told to install a codec (sp?) player. To read the WMA File, and that didnt even work.  I have googled up and down, and tried everything. I need these WMA files to work... Please give me some help, or suggestions. Everything is much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please uninstall all the codec on this computer, then reinstall an codec package for a test.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:59 AM