none
USB Streaming on Windows 7

Question

• I'm in the process of installing Windows 7, but I'm wondering if Windows 7 supports USB Streaming from USB Camcorders

I have a Sony Handycam, and have been wanting to transfer videos, but I found out that Vista does not support USB streaming while XP does

Does anyone know if I can finally get my videos onto computer? :)

Thanks
    Friday, May 29, 2009 9:46 PM

Answers

• It seems that we need to install Sony video stream related Codec in Windows and then the USB streaming will work. You may contact Sony support and ask if there is any compatible Codec packs are available.

If no video Codec is available, since it does not work in Windows Vista, most possibly it would not work in Windows 7 RC.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, June 01, 2009 9:26 AM

All replies

• It seems that we need to install Sony video stream related Codec in Windows and then the USB streaming will work. You may contact Sony support and ask if there is any compatible Codec packs are available.

If no video Codec is available, since it does not work in Windows Vista, most possibly it would not work in Windows 7 RC.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, June 01, 2009 9:26 AM
  • sony says  windows 7  does not support usb  steaming.   why  is that not mentiioned  when we  are buying windows 7. ?  and when  will they  fix this nonsense?
    Monday, December 06, 2010 12:45 AM
  • sony says  windows 7  does not support usb  steaming.   why  is that not mentiioned  when we  are buying windows 7. ?  and when  will they  fix this nonsense?
    I have no idea but its really ____ me off the fact we got this new laptop and we yet have another wall to face just to video stream. Thanks Microsoft...thanks a lot!
    Friday, December 10, 2010 1:38 AM
  • I have also bought a new Laptop a Dell and was told it had a PCI slot for use to put in a firewire for a Sony cam  they lied.

I was told I can load the digital video I shot but it will be analog and the quality will not be as good as the digital I shot. Since  I am not buying a very expensive editing program.  This editing program I know i will loose quality when i burn a DVD after editing.  We have I am sure intelligent people at   Microsoft that should be able to figure a way of making windows 7 stream video using USB is this such a big deal for them?

Any one find a solution for this bug in Windows????without transferring it to one machine then loading it to a Hard Drive or large USB stick and then load  the digital file from that USB stick to the new machine with Windows 7 ?

Ernie

Friday, January 07, 2011 3:36 PM
  • There is a way but the quality might suffer a bit but you will have the video on DVD I have been told

Hauppauge Computer Works Inc.

Tech support 631-434-3197

www.hauppauge.com

Good Luck

not the solution I wanted I want to keep the format in Digital

Friday, January 07, 2011 6:41 PM
  • There is a way but the quality might suffer a bit but you will have the video on DVD I have been told

www.hauppauge.com

Good Luck

Friday, January 07, 2011 6:42 PM

www.hauppauge.com

Good Luck

Friday, January 07, 2011 6:42 PM

www.hauppauge.com

Good Luck

Friday, January 07, 2011 6:43 PM

www.hauppauge.com

Good Luck

Friday, January 07, 2011 6:44 PM
  • Hi I hae been banging my head all weekend and this is what i found out   1.)  you must have windows prof whaich has a XP platform you can use 2.) is you camera a 32bit or 64 bit camera and you have to load the drivers for that camera if they have them (mine doesn't) then things should work for you  unfortunately i will have to return my nice new laptop to Dell because of that .

Good Luck

Monday, January 10, 2011 2:16 PM