none
Monitor randomly turns off and speakers stop working when internet is connected

Question

• I was using my desktop 2 days ago and the monitor randomly turned off and the speakers stopped playing music. The tower felt hot so I cleaned out the fan's dust and tried it again but it happened again. The monitor went dark and the speakers stopped working but the tower's on button was still on and the computer was still running. I double checked all the cords and it's not from the screen saver/sleep mode/hibernation because I was using it when it happened. It's also not from a graphic card issue because I was just typing when it happened. I checked event viewer and on the 21st of December I noticed that from then on there were warning messages saying: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system admin should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." I also noticed that on the 21st there were error messages every few seconds from 9:44pm to 9:48pm that said: "The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error: A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account config. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC stan-in (secpol.msc) to view the service config and the account config. I tried timing the monitor turn off to see if it reoccurred every few minutes and I just tried it w/ the internet only connected to my laptop and the desktop's still running fine 30+ min later. This all seems like a possible virus to me with it needing the internet to screw up. I'll hook up the ethernet and see what happens.

EDIT: well just before I could plug in the ethernet it happened again so it's not caused by the internet.
    EDIT2: Also getting this error: "Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM_InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "WIN32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivererd through this filer until the problem is corrected."
    Sunday, January 03, 2010 12:30 AM

Answers

All replies