none
Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 not working

Question

• I have a Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 with Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 which works on Bluetooth. Both of them were working properly. I did not use the computer for some time and when I started using it I found the keyboard and the mouse not working. Therefore I changed their batteries with fresh ones , the mouse uses a rechargable battery the keyboard uses normal alkaline batteries. The mouse started working properly but not the Keyboard. I checked the batteries with a multitester and the batteries are fine.The keyboard is recognizable by computer it is shown under the keyboard portfolio but none of its keys function. I tried connecting the keyboard to an another computer but with Windows Seven 32 bit with the same result. It recognizes the new hardware Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 and installs the software for it but none of the keys of the keyboard function. Could anyone suggest how the Keyboard will work , moreover it is not a cheap keyboard. I am using Windows Seven Ultimate 64 bit on this computer.  
    The motherboard is the Asus Sandy Bridge P8Z68 Deluxe which has its own bluetooth software.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:45 PM

All replies

• I had the same issue just recently.
    Press reset button on bluetooth receiver and hold it for a few seconds. A message box with instructions on reconnecting your keyboard should appear. Follow the instructions on this box and it should help. At least it helped me.
    Friday, October 11, 2013 7:11 AM