none
Blue screen of death when entering sleep mode in Windows 7 Home Premium

Question

• I'm getting the blue screen of death when entering sleep mode using the power options. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on a Gigabyte S-Series 965P-DS4 motherboard.

The message is INTERNAL_POWER-ERROR with the address 0x000000A0 0X00000009 0XC0000185  0X00000001 0X00000000

I did not experience this error on this computer either with Windows XP or Windows 7 RC. I am wondering what the problem is. Cheers.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

I suggest you update the BIOS and motherboard drivers to check the issue first.

Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

If it does not work, you may also test the issue in Clean Boot.

If the issue persists, would you please upload the following information to SkyDrive and provide us the link for analyzing?

Collect Minidump Files

=================

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".

3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.

4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Please send the ZIP file to us.

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:21 AM

All replies

• I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise on my Macbook Pro under Bootcamp and I'm experiencing the same issues. Everything runs smoothly until the machine wants to enter sleep mode, the bam, blue screen!

I have not even changed the default settings in the power management options. I just switched it to "Power Saver" when running on the battery.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:14 AM
  • Hi,
    Just disable the sleep mode.

mohanad
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:57 AM
  • Hi Chris,

I suggest you update the BIOS and motherboard drivers to check the issue first.

Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

If it does not work, you may also test the issue in Clean Boot.

If the issue persists, would you please upload the following information to SkyDrive and provide us the link for analyzing?

Collect Minidump Files

=================

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".

3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.

4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Please send the ZIP file to us.

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:21 AM
  • Try disabling hibernate (if is enable), see this post (works for me): http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/10/15/fix-stop-0x000000a0-internal_power_error-when-windows-7-hibernates/
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:47 PM
  • all of you go here check compatibility of your hardware!! please!

replace if not!http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/default.aspx
    Friday, November 13, 2009 5:43 AM
  • You said send the zip file to us?  Where do I find the contact link for that?  I am having the same issue...
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:51 PM
  • If you want you could make the zip file make available (provide link) via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site.

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Monday, November 15, 2010 12:28 AM