none
taskhost.exe

Question

• I appear to have a virus/worm called Taskhost.exe can any one tell me how to delete this virus,ive run,antivirus,Malwarebytes and Microsoft safty scaner, all gave same result nothing found.My CPU is running at 100% all time,i realy need help
    Sunday, October 02, 2011 12:05 AM

Answers

• It could be run by the task scheduler.  Download sysinternals process explorer, and hover the mouse over the process name, and it will tell you which scheduled task it's running.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:59 PM

All replies

• The taskhost.exe is a Task Host which is a generic Host Process for Windows 7 32-bit Services. The full path to this file should be shown in TUT as C:\Windows\System32\Taskhost.exe.

I suggest you to download http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/   and Full scan your PC , after that the Virus will be Removed :)

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Sunday, October 02, 2011 1:36 PM
  • Thank for the suggestions did as you said but my desk to is still not performing to its potential I thing I can put my finger on the bug that making all the trouble for a lot of PC users. I discovered editing  on TOU and privacy statement. I stated tracking how many times the date would change when I click on different  Microsoft website  privacy  statement. I am pretty  sure some one put a nasty bug in my PC. I have done like you guys said but they are still getting in. I need to close the back door on that bug. For a while they had me looking at a fake screen that they were projecting. I only found out because I was investing why the sound card stopped working. By accident I turned on the screen keyboard and the magnifier showed me the way.

Mishael S. Tutana
    Sunday, October 02, 2011 2:31 PM
  • Hi,

If any virus cannot be removed, you can contact PCSafety phone support. For information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:23 AM
  • It could be run by the task scheduler.  Download sysinternals process explorer, and hover the mouse over the process name, and it will tell you which scheduled task it's running.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Taskhost.exe is run from c:\windows\yahoo\. It is being put there by c:\windows\prefetch\taskhost.......

You need to be running Windows in safe-mode so that taskhost.exe is not running, to delete it.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:44 AM