none
High Definition Audio Controller Code 10

Question

• I have a Clevo W86CU Windows 7 64bit. There is no sound at all coming from it, i checked the device manager and theres a problem with the high definition audio controller underneath the system devices tab. It says code 10, cannot start. Ive tried to delete the high definition audio controller, ive tried to reinstall it but the reinstallation always fails for some unknown reason because it says installion unsuccessful, i have no idea why. Ive tried updating my sound driver (realtek hd audio), but it doesnt do anything because its not a problem with the realtek drivers, its problem with the microsoft high definition audio controller driver.

Please help.

Friday, September 16, 2011 12:05 AM

Answers

• ·          

Hi,

As this issue is related to Windows 7, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new question in Windows 7 Forum for further discussion in the future.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Personally, please refer to the following article to check if it helps:

Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:28 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 9:02 AM

All replies

• then backup all your files and install Windows fresh and see how that works

Windows MVP, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint etc.

My page on Video Card Problems is now my most popular landing page. My Page on SSD is now #2. See my gaming site for game reviews etc.

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Friday, September 16, 2011 7:04 PM
  • ·          

Hi,

As this issue is related to Windows 7, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new question in Windows 7 Forum for further discussion in the future.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Personally, please refer to the following article to check if it helps:

Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:28 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 9:02 AM