none
Vista Installation Fails

Question

• Í'm trying to install Vista from Windows DS and after first boot installation fails to following error:

Windows Installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0XC0000005

What could it be? Anyone seen that?

When it take the command prompt (Shift+F10) and ping my Windows DS server it answers right away...

Thursday, January 25, 2007 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• You have an issue with your ISO image you're installing Windows Vista from , check this guide to help you overcome and check out the problem: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=796452&SiteID=17

Good luck

Sunday, January 28, 2007 2:17 PM
  • When I install Vista directly from CD Vista installation is succesfull and from that CD I have copied the install.wim to WDS and from there it won't install.
    Monday, January 29, 2007 6:13 AM
  • It's due to some copy error for the files, so keep installing from DVD.

Good luck

Monday, January 29, 2007 11:12 AM
  • Yeah right... I will install 2000 machines from CD...
    Monday, January 29, 2007 11:35 AM
  • If you have 2000 machines, so you can read this guide using BDD program: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/desktopdeployment/default.mspx

Good luck

Monday, January 29, 2007 4:38 PM
  • I am getting the same error message during my Vista Upgrade installation when it does the first reboot.  I cannot go ahead or back.  One post I read said it was a problem with the RAM but that does not seem likely.  With the disk in my drive it goes to the installation menu again but I can't install from the upgrade disk and I can't get back to my XP window.  I try a repair from the install window but that does not work.  One of the messages I get is a problem with the partition and it won't install because of it.  I need some serious tech help on this.  I should have stayed with my XP platform???
    Monday, February 05, 2007 5:00 PM
  • Getting the same error, and can't seem to find a solution and before any one says it's a faulty download image, DVD is a commerical one now dn/loading involved
    Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:04 PM
  • I finally found a solution.  My setup was rebooting from the DVD at 21% file extraction so I changed my BIOS to reboot from HD,Floppy,DVD.  This fixed the error and I was able to complete installation of Vista.  Do not forget to reset back to original BIOS.  If you are using Internet Explorer you have to Delete temporay files, cookies and history before it will work.  Hope this works for you as it did for me.
    Wednesday, February 14, 2007 4:24 PM
  •  

I have this same error to the dot! I have the same error pop up at 21% also after rebooting. I have a legal copy that has not been authorized yet because I still have not installed of Vista Ultimate Upgrade and I am upgrading from XP Media Center. Can someone please help me with this issue? Thanks!
    Friday, December 14, 2007 8:25 AM
  •  

I had this same issue, I solved the problem by removing the HD and connecting it to another computer and format it from the windows environment in the disk management window. I also updated the BIOS and swap the DVD drive. If Vista is compatible with your machine, it should work. (Intel MB DP965LT, C2D E6600 2.4GHz, 1GB 800 RAM, 200GB HD 6700rpm, NVIDIA 6800GTX 512mb, 350wt power supply)

Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:58 PM