none
Tech Live Connect

Question

• Does anyone know anything about Tech Live Support?? I was signing up for UpDateDriver , which I now find out is a scam, and all of a sudden this guy from India comes on and before you know it I am signing up for Tech Live Support to a tune of $599. I am believing that they might be a scam too. I thought this software and support were legit because they had the Microsoft symbol on them. I don't know if it would be any good to try and get my money back. I may have to call my credit card company. Thanks for your help!
    Monday, March 03, 2014 4:11 PM

Answers

• I cannot find anything that indicates Tech Live Support has any connection with Microsoft.  In fact there are several links that state it is a scam.  The best solution for you is to contact your credit card company immediately and tell them exactly what has happened as they are the only entity that can help you with this matter.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, March 03, 2014 5:38 PM
  • Hi,

I feel sorry to hear your experience. I understand it really depressing to encounter such situation.

To up date the drivers, I would like to suggest you download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install on your computer.

Also, Windows update might have the drivers. You may run Windows Update to ensure you have the latest drivers.

Please note: Since all drivers in Windows update are produced from manufacturer and then after passing the Windows Logo Program testing, then they can be distribute onto update, that should be little delayed. I suggest we download the latest driver applied to Windows 7 from manufacturer site.

I agree Rick Dee.

As I know, Microsoft support only uses live meeting for troubleshooting. Logo's are easily copied and posted.

Please also review the link below to prevent it from happening in the future.:

Avoid tech support phone scams

http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:56 AM

All replies

• I cannot find anything that indicates Tech Live Support has any connection with Microsoft.  In fact there are several links that state it is a scam.  The best solution for you is to contact your credit card company immediately and tell them exactly what has happened as they are the only entity that can help you with this matter.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, March 03, 2014 5:38 PM
  • Hi,

I feel sorry to hear your experience. I understand it really depressing to encounter such situation.

To up date the drivers, I would like to suggest you download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install on your computer.

Also, Windows update might have the drivers. You may run Windows Update to ensure you have the latest drivers.

Please note: Since all drivers in Windows update are produced from manufacturer and then after passing the Windows Logo Program testing, then they can be distribute onto update, that should be little delayed. I suggest we download the latest driver applied to Windows 7 from manufacturer site.

I agree Rick Dee.

As I know, Microsoft support only uses live meeting for troubleshooting. Logo's are easily copied and posted.

Please also review the link below to prevent it from happening in the future.:

Avoid tech support phone scams

http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:56 AM
  • Dear Customer,

Firstly, We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. We at Tech Live Connect believe in Customer Delight and it has always been our mantra . We believe in doing authentic business and you can visit our website www.Techliveconnect.com for further information about the company.

We request you to kindly share your order ID, email address or phone number so that we can reach out to you with an appropriate resolution.

You can also share your details at Support@techliveconnect.com and be rest assured for a prompt & appropriate resolution.

Best Regards,

Team TLC

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 3:13 PM
  • Dear Customer,

Firstly, We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. We at Tech Live Connect believe in Customer Delight and it has always been our mantra .

I know nothing about TLC (other than the Australian meaning of the acronym, "Tender Loving Care"!) but I would be very careful in spite of the above reassurances. $600 appears to be a very stiff fee, seeing that Microsoft will charge around half this amount to fix a specific customer problem. What exactly do you get for this amount?

If you need support, why not get it from a local company who has an interest in keeping up its reputation?

If you choose to go ahead regardless and if you give TLC remote access to your machine then I would take these precautions beforehand:

1. Burn a Windows Repair CD via the Control Panel / Backup and Restore.
    2. Create an image of your installation via the Control Panel / Backup and Restore. Store it on an external hard disk that you keep well away from the PC for most of the time.
    3. Change all admin passwords.
    4. Delete all files that contain account details (Windows, Internet, Banking).

If TLC hacks the machine or damages your installation then you can easily drop back to this image.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:33 PM
  • Hi Forest,

We have more than 3 million satisfied customers across the globe and we continuously strive  for customer satisfaction. Please visit our website for further credentials and details about Tech Live Connect.

Best Regards,

Team TLC

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:35 PM
  • Hi Forest,

We have more than 3 billion satisfied customers across the globe and we continuously strive  for customer satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Team TLC

I suggest you check your numbers. 3 billion customers means that you have signed up just about everyone on this globe who has a PC, if not more. You would be slightly (but only slightly!) more credible if you had said "3 million". In view of your extravagant claim my recommendation to the OP is to look for help elsewhere.
    Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:30 PM
  • Dear Customer,

We request you to kindly share your order ID, email address or phone number so that we can reach out to you with an appropriate resolution.

You can also share your details at Support@techliveconnect.com and be rest assured for a prompt & appropriate resolution.

Best Regards,

Team TLC

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:01 PM
  • Hey, I just happened across your post while pulling up the number for Tech Live Connect. Following an extremely painful recovery from a complete computer breakdown (resulting from being unable to delete Avast although trying diligently, then downloading Norton - they locked each other up until I had to buy an external DVD drive and pay Microsoft to unlock and reboot my hard drive, all of which took three months to figure out) I paid Tech Live Support $800 for a three-year subscription for three computers. This was a couple of years ago. 

I adore this company. It provides a wonderful service. Any time one of my computers gets slow or a bit wonky I call up TLC, one of their technicians takes remote control of my computer, and they spend hours cleaning things up, deleting malware (e.g., that had hijacked my browser), transferring everything from my old computer to my new computer, helping get rid of duplicate files - they will do anything I ask. They are unfailingly polite and helpful. Their spoken English is completely easy to understand, and at the end of each session a supervisor comes on the line to ensure I'm completely satisfied with the service provided. 

I recommend Tech Live Connect without reservation. I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:00 AM
  • I recommend Tech Live Connect without reservation. I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.

You unsolicited and glowing praise sounds fine but a company that boasts 3 billion satisfied customers is inherently suspect.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:36 AM