none
Error Message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:filename' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Question

• Every time I try and download something I get this stupid Error Message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:filename' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."   I have no idea why or how to fix it and it's driving me crazy!  Please 911 computer savvy folks!!  THANK YOU!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Logon on with Clean Boot

2 If you use IE to download files, reset IE advanced settings for test. Also save the files to other location.

If the issue persists, try to create another administrator account and logon to see if the same issue occurs.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Logon on with Clean Boot

2 If you use IE to download files, reset IE advanced settings for test. Also save the files to other location.

If the issue persists, try to create another administrator account and logon to see if the same issue occurs.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:01 AM
  • Thank you for the response.  However, neither worked.  I reset internet explorer's files and it did nothing.  (If IE means internet explorer..)   I tried following the instructions for clean boot but when I tried opening the system configuration it gave me the same error message as before so I couldn't even do a clean boot.   My system administrator settings won't let me log into any other account or create one either.  When I click on the options under user accounts the window kind of changes colors a bit when I click but absolutely nothing happens.  No password prompt, no new windows open, nothing.  I don't know what to do.  Any other suggestions??  It would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:01 PM
  • Hi,

What if you safe as the file to other drive? You may not have the permission to safe on C drive for your local policy.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:36 AM