none
keyboard doesnt work on "Windows Error Recovery" screen

Question

• Whenever I experience the Windows Error Recovery screen, it completely ignores all input from the keyboard. The keyboard works great in the CMOS and in windows.  It is a usb keyboard. My motherboard doesn't even have a ps2 keyboard port, so that is not an option. All I can do on that screen is wait the 30 seconds and hope the default selection works okay.

I imagine the system needs a driver to read the keyboard and has neglected to load it? Thanks for any help.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:49 AM

All replies

• What is the model of the keyboard? I just suspect that the Windows Error Recovery is caused by the keyboard either. You may need to install Windows 7 compatible driver for it. Please access the manufacturer website and find if there is any driver that can help on this issue.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Its just another USB keyboard.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:39 AM
  • If this is a bluetooth wireless keyboard, that could be the issue.  Some bluetooth keyboards will use a locked mode for the initial boot to allow you to adjust bios, etc.  But when windows starts, it switches to bluetooth mode.  For windows to use it, it has to load the driver, which doesn't happen on the error recovery screen.
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 7:44 AM