Margaret’s computer gave the following error message and the screen went completely black.
The exception unknown software exception (OxcO6d 7363) occurred in the application at location 0x74f6b727.
Any idea what this is. She says she was in excel. We had to reboot the PC.
Put the error up on Tecnet no solution
Does the issue only occur when using Microsoft Office Excel? If so, uninstall Office Live add-in if it is installed.
If the issue persists, access Clean Boot to check the issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.
Also, you can try reinstalling Excel to check the result.
If the issue still exists, could you please provide the following information for further research?
1. Please reproduce this issue, and then press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.
3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".
4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".
5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".
6. Please upload the screenshot to your SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let us know the link.
1. Click "Start", input "eventvwr" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter.
2. Expand the "Windows Logs" node on the left pane, right-click on "Application" and click "Save All Events As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click save.
3. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys".
4. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and send them to us.
For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft")
Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
- Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, August 02, 2010 1:26 AM